Club Dinner/RBRR Finishers Awards Presentation

Well that was a weird evening.

Thanks to everyone who made the effort to come along, the room was full of loads of Triumph people. Everywhere I went I kept bumping into people raving about the RBRR , looks like numbers should be high for next year.

The best news was that the amount that the Club for the Charity 'Children with Leukaemia', fantastic effort by all the crews, major thanks to anyone who sponsored a driver. I did not think that we would get this amount, I thought £10K less would be the limit. The Charity representative, Pippa Gough, turned up and brought the actress Gillian Taylforth along to help receive the cheque.

So that wraps up the 2004 RBRR( Albeit the sending of about 75 finishers awards), I made a few mistakes but all in all no major ones.
Big thanks to everyone who helped out: all the Marshals, Club Members, all the Canley Classics team and all my fellow CT  Commitee Members.
Bigger and bigger thanks to Nigel Abdullah for his route and map work.
Mega thanks to Derek Pollock for the guidance and of course for the idea in 1966- GREAT IDEA OR WHAT!

CLUB TRIUMPH- BEST TRIUMPH CLUB- DEFINITELY!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, well done Tim, the RBRR is now officially over (for a few months anyway).
Thanks must to Dave Shewry for doing a top job with the event organisation.
If anyone feels the need to share their photos I've create a directory in the photo album for this at - http://club.triumph.org.uk/cgi-bin/album/album.pl?album=awards2005

For some reason the thumbnail image converter is playing up though so you may get some error messages until I work out how to fix it!

Of course, if anyone doesn't want pictures of what they got up to last night plastered over the website I can provide an image deletion service, in return for a suitable donation to the Club's Children with Leukeamia account!
  :P

Cheers,

Keith

A great evening - thanks to all involved (and special thanks to Tim for the lift home).

I've uploaded my piccies to the photo album - apologies if I didn't get everyone receiving their award but the flash was playing up on the camera.

Enjoy.... ;)

Here here,

A really fun evening and a great chance to catch up with RBRR buddies we hadn't seen for while too, as well as all the usual crew :) BTW Mrs Overall was my favourite waitress too!! And I'm looking forward to building up my collection of tankards over the next few years...!

For anyone who's ear I chewed last about taking my ARDS test today - well - lets just say it was a successful day at Silverstone.  :D  I passed - in fact so did Pickers... so from now on no race circuit is safe... Now, where's that racing Spit and why isn't it ready yet....
I shall have to have words...

A happy crasher Fred

Quoted from Fred_Slezak For anyone who's ear I chewed last about taking my ARDS test today - well - lets just say it was a successful day at Silverstone.  :D  I passed - in fact so did Pickers...

Well done both... no mean feat after last night !!! ;)

Did they breathylse you both? Well done Fred and Dave!

Just got back from West Kent area meeting, saw Nigel G and Dave Kirk, both throughly enjoyed themselves on Sat. Both expressed concern about the state of GT, she obviously likes a drink!
In fact quite a few were very merry, lucky sods.

How was your head this morn. Ellis?

Its gotta become a annual event, maybe have one next year a bit more central- Northants?

A great night, I was far too sober and disappointed that the weather precluded me from bringing the Vitesse - Carl had found his was up from Basingstoke through lots of snow and we were then worried about the possibility of getting tripped up by the weather. The decision to take the company car was therefore made on the grounds of "well I don't mind bending it or having it bent by someone else or in fact abandoning it at the side of the road if needs be!" A toyota Avensis will never be a classic :-)

Next time I think I'll bring the wife, get drunk and stay locally  8)

A BIG thank you to Tim and the organisers, well done! I still don't really know where the time went!!

A very good evening.  I was rather impressed by the awards too, had not appreciated that they were all personally engraved.  Nice touch, perhaps I'll be there to collect mine in 2006.  Missed kissing Gillian though.  No doubt the 2006 charity will choose someone like Tony Robinson  :-/

Malcolm.

It was an excellent event, and making it annual to also coincide with celebrating finishing the 10CR is a good idea. And being further north is a fantastic idea Tim: so many events are very south oriented. Some of us have to do 200 miles before starting these events, then another 200 miles home! Having less mileage on the dinner would be welcome. Bradford does good curries!

It was good to match some faces to names. Maybe a couple of extra people also know who I am now, too! Anyone want anything from the library or back issues service?!

CAroline

Archived