Club Dinner/RBRR Finishers Awards Presentation

I find that hard to swallow! the waitress was the werewolf ...or was that werewolf elder...Oh sage and wise one knowledgeable in all things werewolf including serving from the left and dishing out hot plates!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean Mrs Overall? Was she responsible for the gravy incident at the top table? Anyway, I won't hear a word said against her, she took a shine to James and tried to feed him up a bit with extra meet  :K)

Mrs Overall a cunning stage name no doubt. She tried pilling loads of Lamb on my wifes plate
A worrying sign ........
I think Dave Shewry's Mrs did the gravey spilling bit of a howler (continuing the werewolf theme)

I'm feeling a bit guilty about the Mrs Overall thing. Afterall, she was very nice and I think she took a bit of a shine to James. Must have been the empty seat next to him ! (space for a 'lady friend' sir). A great night as usual. Nice to hear that Fred and 'Pickers' got their licenses. All Dave needs now is some mudflaps  ;D

Carl

Mudflaps!? Must have missed that part of the conversation then... At least I think he needs to hurry up and finish building my car!!  :o  I'm determined to do at least four races this year...! someone dies if I don't... now who could that be...

I have been speaking to Dave Shrewry tonight about the do on sat. I mentioned that everyone I have spoken to had a cool time.
I also mentioned that most people seem to think a Club do. next year would be a great idea.
I think it would be good to have the do slightly further north and maybe more westerly to attract members from the Southern area and the north/midlands.
The other thing that comes to mind is that the cost would have to go up from the present £20 to maybe £25. Also it would be good to hold the dinner at a Hotel therefore providing accomodation for members.
Any thoughts would be most welcome, I will be attending the Club's commitee meeting on Monday and wish to present some ideas.

Good ideas Tim, as ever keep the cost down and the value up - something more centrally located with accomodation should draw in a good crowd. Timing is also important, this time of year seems to be easier to fit things in the diary than later (perhaps that's just my diary)

Quote:
I'm determined to do at least four races this year...!

Don't forget to let me have the details Fred - you are a club member so you should score points in the championship. Let's give Andy Pearce more competition this year ;)

Quoted from Fred_Slezak Mudflaps!? Must have missed that part of the conversation then... At least I think he needs to hurry up and finish building my car!!  :o  I'm determined to do at least four races this year...! someone dies if I don't... now who could that be...

Well let's hope, for everybody's sakes, Dave fits a small engine in it!

Quoted from Greeks
(actually, I've gone all dial-up  >:( )

Dial-up, they still have that? How "old world" - good to hear you're back on line again mate - got yourself a digi camera yet? Send us some "e"postcards :-)

Archived