Dull bits!!!!!!!!!!! When were they? What were they? You didn't brief your co-driver about what it would be like did you? I was a first time co-driver and I actually doubt that Doug would have been able to paint a picture and explain what the RBRR is like even over several pints! I expected lots of driving along some great roads but there is something intangible that can't be explained about getting to each control point, getting to the finish and the fun in between.

Nearest I can think of is when you are bursting for the loo and then you find a suitable place to relieve yourself. That feeling of relief is similar. The only problem is when you have to relieve yourself when the wind is howling and the rain is lashing down in the mountains, your jeans get soaked and you know it's not all rain!!!  :o ::)

Some of the raods were absolutely fantastic to drive on. Few cars except other Triumphs and constantly wanting to catch up gain time or just hope that everything held together. Euphoria....................

Yep, mine brought one of those portable DVD player thingies!! ;D

It was useful to play music on though.......on the last bit, getting bored stuck on the M25.

Unsuprisingly the DVDs never got watched.

As you say Neil there is just too much happening to waste time with your head in a book or watching a film! Great roads, great driving and great people. Generally a great laugh.

Not feeling cranky then jason?! Did you have your Snap Crankle and Pop this morning?  :D ;D Sorry for inept jokes. I don't do any other kind actually. Hope you get your engine sorted out soon. The only book needed was the route book and a road atlas surely?

neil (suitably admonished due to c%^p jokes at Jason's expense)

A book?
"Zen & the Art of ........"?
"Great Expectations"?

"A tale of two (plus 98 other) Triumphs"?
"Lord of the (piston) Rings"?

and on the DVD:
"The Good, the Bad and the Acclaim"?
"Bring me the (cylinder) Head of Alfredo Garcia"?
"Two Triumphs for Sister Sarah"?
(Help, I'm in a Western rut)

John

Eh, no.
She likes my car as its been in the family for so long. However she was disappointed with the RBRR as she had not prepared properly and felt it would have been more fun if she had not been so knackered.
I doubt if she would do the RBRR again.

Might get my twin sis to do the next one!

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1160733536,s=13 date=1160778790]Trouble is, he's right!

Still I seem to remember taking your Vitesse on the A9 after Cromarty, you must have been going slow as Pearson also got past in his Stag.[/quote]

That's it start on me! Actually I think it was Clare driving? She was getting board stuck behind all those slow old Triumph's, I don't even think she had to drop down a gear to go past?

[quote by=KDTRIUMPH link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1160733536,s=19 date=1160813912]we were having a sleep obviously..
stags are for poofs.[/quote]

Sleeping whilst driving, now that is clever? We seem to remember overtaking you at least twice, that's a lot of sleep you needed? Sleeping on the RBRR is for poof's!

[quote by=JohnD link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1160733536,s=6 date=1160770782]A book?
"Zen & the Art of ........"?
"Great Expectations"?

"A tale of two (plus 98 other) Triumphs"?
"Lord of the (piston) Rings"?

and on the DVD:
"The Good, the Bad and the Acclaim"?
"Bring me the (cylinder) Head of Alfredo Garcia"?
"Two Triumphs for Sister Sarah"?
(Help, I'm in a Western rut)

John[/quote]

"Once Upon A Time In The Highlands"

Dave P - if you overtook Karl twice I presume you must have let him get past at some point. Letting people overtake you on the RBRR must be for ...  :o

[quote by=Greeks link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1160733536,s=22 date=1161053411]

"Once Upon A Time In The Highlands"

Dave P - if you overtook Karl twice I presume you must have let him get past at some point. Letting people overtake you on the RBRR must be for ...  :o[/quote]

It was the missus doing the overtaking. We thought it only fair to stop every now and again to let some of the other car's catch up!
Seriously we were impressed with the Stag, that's the best Iv'e ever felt during/after a RBRR, I felt like I could have gone on to do another day. In the past Iv'e been totally knackered by the Saturday night, this time no problems at all. The only real problems with Stag's is the image, old duffers motor, only fit for the pension run. Thing's have changed a little since I was last a regular Stag driver some years ago back in the 80's, at least back then there were some Stag drivers who didn't drive like they had permantley forgotten to take the handbrake off.

[quote by=canleyclassics link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1160733536,s=23 date=1161065097]

Seriously we were impressed with the Stag, that's the best Iv'e ever felt during/after a RBRR, I felt like I could have gone on to do another day.[/quote]

OK, we have it from Dave P's own keyboard ... we'll have to ban the use of Stags on the RBRR from now on. They're too easy to drive!

Archived