• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MikeyB wrote:
I've also just successfully sent an sms to the website, all ok.  However in trying an mms, my phone has come up receipient barred.  I'm making equiries with o2 in case it is my phone setup or provider.

I've had a response from the service provider but it isn't very helpful I'm afraid-

Hi Keith,

Unfortunately, that's not something we'd be able to advise on. I'd recommend that your customer speak to his o2 customer service contact to see if they can shed some light on why this has been barred.

tiggrr1 wrote:
Keith

I must have done something wrong, My phone number is displaying on the web page.

Is there any way for me to edit it out?

OK I've done it this once but I can only do it by modifying the data directly which is not easy. Can you check your phone settings to see if it can send pics via proper MMS?

Keith

Keith wrote:

Mike,
You should just need rbr at the start of the message, can you send another one and I'll try and see what's happening to the attachments.

Cheers,

Keith

Keith
just send a another pic but this time resized to 320*240 (48k) hasnt appeared yet but I not sure that I  had a ack that  the message has been received....
just checked the previous images, they were quite large 1.5M....

cheers
mike
BTW Thanks for all the work you have done on this, great idea and really nice for friends and mates to follow the fun....

Keith - perhaps 10-15 or even 20 per page would be fine - the data is tiny so it doesn't take long to download at all... even on my iPhone with 3G it takes a few seconds...

I have a feeling it might be updated really frequently - so pressing next just for the sake of it is a pain...

Can you stick it in the url so we can just do ?displaymessages=100

:)

Keith wrote:

OK I've done it this once but I can only do it by modifying the data directly which is not easy. Can you check your phone settings to see if it can send pics via proper MMS?

Keith

Maybe it would be easier to just stick to sms. It's on a vodafone contract if that makes any difference. I can't see any way to edit my mms options so I won't use that part of the service.

For what it's worth I think what your doing is fantastic and thanks for removing my number :)

jcarruthers wrote:
Keith - perhaps 10-15 or even 20 per page would be fine - the data is tiny so it doesn't take long to download at all... even on my iPhone with 3G it takes a few seconds...

I have a feeling it might be updated really frequently - so pressing next just for the sake of it is a pain...

Can you stick it in the url so we can just do ?displaymessages=100

:)

As some of the code was thee already it wasn't too difficult to implement

Keith

mpbarrett wrote:

Keith
just send a another pic but this time resized to 320*240 (48k) hasnt appeared yet but I not sure that I  had a ack that  the message has been received....
just checked the previous images, they were quite large 1.5M....

cheers
mike
BTW Thanks for all the work you have done on this, great idea and really nice for friends and mates to follow the fun....

Mike,
Didn't get your last test not sure why, the larger ones wouldn't get through because there's a file size limit of 500k at the moment. It should work if you persist with it.

Keith

Keith wrote:

Mike,
Didn't get your last test not sure why, the larger ones wouldn't get through because there's a file size limit of 500k at the moment. It should work if you persist with it.

Keith

Keith
That worked, need to keep size down and put 'rbr' in the message NOT in the subject field......... Shame its such a crap picture....
cheers
mike

Archived