I have just sent out an email to all entrants with instructions.

As in previous years, there will be an online message diary to enable website readers to keep up to date with the progress of the run.
Message can be sent by crew members from a mobile phone using SMS, MMS or e-mail. MMS and e-mail messages can include photo, video or audio content.

The diary is available on the Club Triumph website at http://club.triumph.org.uk/rbrnews

or is available as a WAP page for mobile phone users at http://club.triumph.org.uk/rbrwap

Please do not make the numbers available on-line or we will get spammed with inappropriate messages.  :-/

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams who's email addresses I haven't mistyped and I need new ones for are
Team 117 - Rob Swift & Mark Deacon
Team 95 - Dave Kirk, Kelvin Jones & Ian Pearce
Team 12 - Craig Bennet & Bradley Lourens
Team 91 - Tom Key & Tom Bamford
Team 24 - Nick Jackson, Ray Hunt & Andrew Gatehouse

I've also had several "spam blocker" messages so you might want to check your filters! I have resent the email to all those who blocked the original.

I'll ping you the instructions now, he's landing at 11am tomorrow. Any idea what time you're going to collect him from my place tomorrow? I need to be out and on a train to Atlas Mission Control in Nuneaton in the morning. Don't want to have to leave the old boy on the doorstep :-)

Why can't I see anything on this page? I just get the header followed by a blank screen, with a message in the top right-hand corner telling me I'm not logged in. Then it doesn't accept my log-in.

Yet following the link from here, I'm already logged in   :-/

Or is there a password / link I have to follow from Jason's email - which I haven't checked yet   :X

You pay so it's dependant upon your service provider, if you're on pay as you go then probably about 12p a text, if you're on a contract then less. If you're sending pictures then more. All tariffs are different - the Club doesn't charge you and makes nothing out of it.

tr4tom wrote:
sent a text 10 mins ago and it hasnt shown on the site :'(

I don't know if Keith has set it so it updates on a regular basis rather than as soon as it receive a txt. It used to be instant then I started to have to wait over night for it to appear. I kept meaning to ask but forgot.

Keith?

alex - cheers. ;D

Keith's on the case now, unfortunately a rather large and seemingly corrupt attachment (picture probably) caused the server to fall over. So he's writing a few size limit rules to prevent a re-occurance. Remember to refresh the page you're looking at (press f5) in order to view the most up to date page :-)

It should be working again now, if your messages aren't showing up it's probably because your e-mail address or phone number isn't registered. To check if this is the case click on the 'show unregistered box then the filter button and see if it shows up, if so the register procedure in the instructions should sort out. Please do tell Jason if his info is wrong though.
I've now put a size limit on attachments as a particularly large one was clogging it up earlier. Currently it's set to 1mb but I may need to tweak it. Please do carry on testing it as much as you can, it's better to get any bugs resolved now than on the run.

Keith

Following last night's flurry of activity I have now collated all the amendments and additions to mobile numbers and Keith has uploaded them to the registration database.

There will be no further central registration of mobiles. If you need to add a mobile you need to follow the instructions I emailled out earlier this week.

Archived