• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please can people continue to send in test messages to check their equipment and settings as well as the system. I found another bug this morning when it stopped reading SMSs because it didn't like the 1st October! (one digit date instead of 2)
I don't intend taking a laptop round with me, so it's no use complaining to me if your messages don't show when we get to John O'Groats!
It should be resistant to overload from large attachments now so if the people who broke it yesterday want to try again...

Cheers,

Keith

Keith wrote:
Please can people continue to send in test messages to check their equipment and settings as well as the system. I found another bug this morning when it stopped reading SMSs because it didn't like the 1st October! (one digit date instead of 2)
I don't intend taking a laptop round with me, so it's no use complaining to me if your messages don't show when we get to John O'Groats!
It should be resistant to overload from large attachments now so if the people who broke it yesterday want to try again...

Wow - this must be the first time you've asked us to try and break something :)

I've also just successfully sent an sms to the website, all ok.  However in trying an mms, my phone has come up receipient barred.  I'm making equiries with o2 in case it is my phone setup or provider.

finally my chum who is co-driving car 66 has been unable to register, even following the email instructions.

Mike,
I just sent a test and it works for me through O2, I can raise it as a support issue with our provider if it is still a problem, can you check again and if it doesn't work PM me the number you're sending from.

Cheers,

Keith

MikeyB wrote:
I've also just successfully sent an sms to the website, all ok.  However in trying an mms, my phone has come up receipient barred. .

I've now raised this as a support issue with our provider, has anyone else had this?

Keith

Keith wrote:
I've PMed colin about car 66, the reg no your chum is using to register is different the one shown on the list (second two letters transposed)
Not sure which is correct though.

Keith

Colin's just sent me a text - his car reg is XNJ and not XJB!

Keith

Can we get any more items on a page before you have to click on the next page button? We all have the ability to scroll, and it makes skimming quicker.

Also, that last post has a lovely email disclaimer. Can anything to done to strip those?

Caroline wrote:
Keith

Can we get any more items on a page before you have to click on the next page button? We all have the ability to scroll, and it makes skimming quicker.

Also, that last post has a lovely email disclaimer. Can anything to done to strip those?

I was thinking of making it user option to choose the number of messages per page but I won't have time to write the code now. It's set to 5 but I can change it to anything if there is a concensus.

The disclaimer is easy to get rid of if it is a seperate attachment but in the body of the text it's not so easy. I wonder how many people will be taking there company laptops on the run?

Keith

Well it sort of works but I cant send it pictures! have registered and send a text message via the mms number but when I send a picture nothing appears on the site. Is there a limit on the size I supose I could try sending a smaller one? BTW this is froma Nokia 95 on t mobile, in case it makes a difference.
once you have registered on the mms number all you need to add is the "rbr" at the start of the message, you dont need the car reg each time do you?
Any suggestions?
cheers
mike team 64
cars ready not sure about the drivers yet......

mpbarrett wrote:
Well it sort of works but I cant send it pictures! have registered and send a text message via the mms number but when I send a picture nothing appears on the site. Is there a limit on the size I supose I could try sending a smaller one? BTW this is froma Nokia 95 on t mobile, in case it makes a difference.
once you have registered on the mms number all you need to add is the "rbr" at the start of the message, you dont need the car reg each time do you?
Any suggestions?
cheers
mike team 64
cars ready not sure about the drivers yet......

Mike,
You should just need rbr at the start of the message, can you send another one and I'll try and see what's happening to the attachments.

Cheers,

Keith

Archived