I thought the organisation this time was first rate and Tim, Jason, Nigel and co. deserve a huge slap on the back.
The catering problems that we've had in past seemed well sorted, we were running towards the end of the timing window on Sunday but there was no fear that 'we must get there before the food runs out'. In fact it was quite pleasant to get to the stops after the rush had passed and things had quietened down a bit!

Keith

Hear Hear.

Got to keep the new breakfast halt at.......... um, whereever it was........ you know, lands end ish.

Super services, loads of food........ top job.

Full marks to Nigel, Tim and Co, top job as ever. Problem is, what are you going to do for 2012?........ hard act to follow.

Also, can I just say, again, thank you to Nigel at the new Sugarloaf stop. We were thinking we had missed it until we found his excellent signs and those countdown markers were inspired....... top job!

Excellent weekend!

Thanks, obviously, to Bill and Ash. I had a great time and as far as I can tell it all went extremely well. Thanks to Carl for all the effort he put into the car, it drove brilliantly. Thanks to all of the organisers. I'm fortunate to get a slight glimpse into the effort involved and the level of dedication is impossible to comprehend. Thanks to all the people at the side of the road waving us all. Thanks to all the marshals. Roy's cakes being the un-mentioned treats. They were truly excellent. And thanks to all the other people taking part. Many I consider to be friends and each time I saw them arrive at a stop I smiled.

Couldnt agree more. I think the organisation was the best yet. The new stops were spot on, and nice to enjoy breakfast in Cornwall! I take my hat off to Tim, Nigel, Jason and everyone else involved.
I would also point out that the standard of driving seemed to be the usual 10 out of 10. Struck the right balance between enjoyment and judgement.
Roll on 2012! Thanks from Jo and Mark in the orange Spitfire 1500.

I'd also like to thank the organisers for such a great event. It was my first time on the RBRR and I was really impressed by the organisation that went into it. The marshalls at the control stops were all really friendly too and some of the stops were absolutely awesome. I particularly enjoyed Bude, Pimperne and Badgers Holt. I was really blown away by the scale of it all to be honest!

Will. Funny how the three you liked all provided food.... From car 20 many thanks to all those involved in its organisation. Having now only done three runs,they all get better each time. Keep up the good work Tim and team. Malc.

Toby: great to meet up and spend time crossing swords and then recapping 8). Your car looked even better in the flesh.
Ferny: finally got to chat! Couldn't agree more with your sentiments about friends old and new.
Will: I was looking at your car at Pimperne thinking:"That's a nice car, why does it look familier?" Only realised it was you as we were driving away! :B I'm sure we'll get to chat sometime soon.
Great event. Exceptional organisation and marvellous people. 8)
Can't wait to do 2012 in my car now. :)

GT6boy wrote:
Will: I was looking at your car at Pimperne thinking:"That's a nice car, why does it look familier?" Only realised it was you as we were driving away! :B I'm sure we'll get to chat sometime soon.

Nice car...eh? That doesn't sound like mine! I'd completely forgotten you were with Keith. I was looking out for your car! I think it's par for the course with these things. I did exactly the same and totally forgot to introduce myself to Royboy even though he told me on facebook he was going to be at Gledrid! I blame the fact I was thoroughly 'zombified' by then!  :)

Archived