All CT members,

If you are not taking part as a driver or co-driver in next years RBRR and would like to get involved, howabout Marshaling at a stop? The RBRR takes part during the first weekend of October: Friday Night (18.30) to Sunday Night (18.30).

The stops are as follows:

The Plough: Car Park Marshal
Blythe Services: Car Parking Marshal
Saturday am:
Hadrians Wall(TBC): Signing in Marshal
Edinburgh Airport or Kinross Services(TBC): Signing in Marshal
John O'Groats: Signing in Marshal
Saturday pm:
Conon Bridge, near Inverness: Signing in Marshal
Stirling: Car Parking Marshal
Lancaster Services: Signing in Marshal
Sunday am:
Chirk, near Oswestry: Signing in Marshal
Bristol: Signing in Marshal
Lands End: Car Parking Marshal
Sunday pm:
Dartmoor(TBC): Signing in Marshal
Pimperne: Signing in Marshal
Chinnor (TBC): Signing in Marshal
The Plough: Signing in Marshal

I already have some Marshals for alot of these stops that we have used for years, however if you can help do contact me. All help is gratefully received. I am afraid that Marshals must be CT members.

As you can see we hope to use three or four new stops to replace old stops next year, some of these changes have been forced some as the old stops are unsuitable. Still thinking about putting in a stop between Edingburgh/Perth and JOG, maybe Aviemore or the like?
Unfortunately we cannot use Corbridge as we have out grown the town. Last year was chaotic and we enjoyed some interest from the local constabulary. Bishops Garage of Corbridge was used for the first RBRR in 1966, a real shame we cannot go there. (I was looking at some photos of the start of the first RBRR at Broadfields Garage in Cockfosters, the 6 cars that took part were: Spitfire mk2., TR4A, 2000 mk1, 1300, Vitesse 6 and Herald 12/50: Two of the entrants from then: Derek Pollock and John Graham are still members of CT and very much still involved, John will marshal at Conon Bridge.)

PM, e-mail (timbancroft61@hotmail.com) or call me (07966 289 782) if you can help.

Thank you,

Tim

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Won't be taking part in the event - simply not my style but could be available to marshall if needed. Only stop anywhere near me though would be the Plough which I'd guess is probabaly one of the easiest to find marshalls for. Anyway the offer is there for either the start or the finish (or indeed both if needed).

Nigel Abdullah and me spent four hours driving around the Corbridge area attempting to find a stop yesterday, we had about 8 that we had found on google earth, none really suitable.
Anyrate we have found a lay-by down a very quiet country road just north of Corbridge, hope its of use. Again the 'Corbridge' stop will be a passage control, basically get your signature and get going. Bring a torch!

timbancroft61 wrote:
How about the Oxfordshire stop, we have yet to decide where that will be yet though? Bit of a cross country drive, but nice roads for a TR7!

Yeah, could manage Chinnor if that was more useful. THB had missed that one when I looked through the list. The offer is there for whatever help is needed/most useful. Let me know nearer the time when you know better what is needed.

timbancroft61 wrote:
Bit of a re-think on the 'Corbridge' stop, might go for a stop that has a 'Web-Cam', be interesting for anyone not taking part to see loads of Triumphs at this famous spot!

Don't forget I am up for this one - with the northern CT gazebo if needed ;)

MWG445 wrote:
Now let's see if we've got everything.

CT gazebo, October, Northumberland, open moorland and high winds.

To the skies!

Bye bye Martin! :)

McJim.

You make it seem so inviting - how can I resist  :D

It will be more likely to be the Toledo  I reckon by the way ;)

Anyway, just watch out McJim - if I don't stamp your passport you won't get back into Scotlandshire :P

Well I plan to have a chat with my Yorkshire allies (yes, War of the Roses and all that but we overlook that little difficulty when it comes to the likes of you McJim) with the aim of intercepting you before you even reach my control :P

All other Scots are of course more than welcome

It's always good to see you on the forum sir ;)

I still remember one night trading insults with you and Greeksy :D

Talking of Greeksy, I presume you'll be using Beyonce (ooh err) on the RBRR. That will be it's first appearance in the CT championship since the 2004 Wessex rally, crewed by Graham and the Chinnmeister ;)

Archived