A Yorkshire-Lancashire alliance? We'll see about that! The McGraths are technically emigrees from Kent for a start. Oh yes - I recall McJim made a recent insult about people from Kent. OK Martin, we're on your side. What do you want us to do? Run him off the road? Give him a different road book? Sorry McJim, us P&P people are very nice really!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Raider.  Beyonce will be making an appearance.  Greeks would be proud.

A bit of tidying up, a good service and blowing out the cobwebs should be enough.

I hope!

And in response to a Lancashire/Yorkshire/Kent alliance, all I can say is that old Glasgow saying of "I think I can hear yer mammy calling.  Yer tea's oot!" :P

"Come ahead!"

A bit of road warrior stuff should liven up the motorway sections. ;)

I'll have to take some photos soon to show that the GT6 hasn't dissolved into a pile of rust.

It'll bring a tear tae a glass eye!

And Barry, calling folk from Kent "scruff" wasn't an insult - it was a complement! :P

See you on the motorway. ;D

McJim.

Response from Mr Foreman due any time now!  I love a good wind-up!

MWG445 wrote:
Apologies Caroline.

I was taking the opportunity to wind-up your other half.

Please do not take the "scruff" reference as applying to yourself - Barry on the other hand ...... ;)

McJim.

Ha ha! I take every opportunity as well! And you're right, he is a scruff! :-)

I've not been to Chinnor either. I hope they do good cakes.

• 7 months later...

Umm.

I am geeting a bit desperate for Marshals for the following stops:

Edinburgh Airport: Approx 03.00hrs Sat 04/10/08. I have Marshals for signing in off the road books, need some to help with parking etc.

Conon Bridge Hotel, Conon Bridge, near Inverness: Approx 13.00hrs Sat. Marshalls required for both signing and parking assistance.

Morrison's Garage, Stirling: Approx 17.00hrs Sat: Car Parking Marshals required.

Gledrid Services, near Chirk, near Oswestry: Approx: 23.30 Sat. Marshals required for both duties.

Sennen Lifeboat Station, Cornwall: Approx 09.00hrs: Car Parking Marshals required.

The problem I have encountered is that many of the 06 Marshals have entered the event!!!

Anyrate help is required, if none is forthcoming, I may have to resort to the membership list. If you live near to a stop, and are a member of CT expect a call!!!!

93 days to go!

• 2 weeks later...

Tim, I shall not know what I am doing until a lot nearer the time, but I may be able to to give a hand. Unfortunately I will not even know where in Britain I shall be until at least the middle of August, so I shall await a while before sending you an email. I have just had to drop out of the RBRR itself, and if it is possible I would like to able to help out still.

Cheers

Phil

Archived