Been there, done that..............cost me £23.07 off ebay.

Took the new battery off it and put it on Sam's Moggy, the 2 good wheel trims went on the caravan, then weighed the frilly remains into the scrappy for £25.00.

So, profit on that one then!

Now, if it were an Avon Turbo Acclaim...............

• 1 month later...

thescrapman wrote:

What's with all this talk of hard-tops?????

Roofs are for putting down (and leaving there) not bolting down.

PAH! Bunch of bloody pansies you lot!

Colin

Oh yes!  :P And what car are you doing it in then?

Something saloon like, terribly comfy and a huge great V8 under the bonnet by any chance?!

thescrapman wrote:

What's with all this talk of hard-tops?????

Roofs are for putting down (and leaving there) not bolting down.

PAH! Bunch of bloody pansies you lot!

Colin

neilnaz wrote:

Well I haven't needed one before now. The roof is pretty leak free I just remember what it was like over Glencoe! That wasn't rain it was something else! I have the roof down most of the time.

Who you calling a pansy anyway!!!   >:(

Hum, I am (hopefully) doing it in a MkIV Spitty with 1500 engine and overdrive. I have not yet come to a conclusion about roof, altho I am strongly tempted to go for the softtop idea so that I can take the roof down for most of the trip (weather allowing). However, I need to replace or repair my softtop, due to some nasty holes in it, so this may dictate what I take (on the asumption that a leaking soft-top is no advantage to no softtop, and I would like to stay reasonably dry if it is pissing it down).

thebrookster wrote:
Hum, I am (hopefully) doing it in a MkIV Spitty with 1500 engine and overdrive. I have not yet come to a conclusion about roof, altho I am strongly tempted to go for the softtop idea so that I can take the roof down for most of the trip (weather allowing). However, I need to replace or repair my softtop, due to some nasty holes in it, so this may dictate what I take (on the asumption that a leaking soft-top is no advantage to no softtop, and I would like to stay reasonably dry if it is pissing it down).

Colin and I did the 10CR in his Spitfire MK3, roof down ALL the way.
The ONLY time we got wet was when we were in a convoy on the way to Calais, and the convoy leader pulled in to a service area to see "if we wanted to put the roof up because it was raining so hard".  F*** O** get going again, we were dry until you stopped you B***rd.  For the record, the convoy leader was getting wet inside his car with the roof up as the rain was getting in the seal across the top of the screen.

The 10CR was also hot september weather - the RBRR however is in British October weather...

If it's anything like the 06 or half of the 04 event - it'll be raining cats and dogs - top up weather!

I'm all for the hard top route - much more cosy and quieter for sleeping on motorways.

Don't let anyone tell you it's top down or you're a wimp - it's personal choice - 75% of the cars on the run have a roof you cannot remove!

I think most Triumphs are very suitable, the only ones I would not consider are the small chassis range if overdrive is not fitted or of course as burger van.

Last time the first night was dry and we enjoyed a full moon, would have been great with in a convertible with the roof down. However as James states the rest of 06 was wet!

I still think the GT6 is a very suitable car to use, comfortable enough and relatively fast.

Archived