Okay, this may be a stupid question, but since I've never been to the dreaded 'Europe' before, here goes.....

I know that I need to adapt my headlamps for European driving but I am unable to find converters that are suitable for classic (ie. round) headlights. Martin mentions that it can be done with electrical tape, but just where on the light do I stick it?

I hope this doesn't seem to daft..........

Toby  ??)

Much better idea is to get a pair of LHD units and fit them for the event. There's an awfull lot of night driving to do over there (and none here), and I wouldn't want to do it with crippled headlights!
They are available over here, try Holdens http://www.holden.co.uk

Keith

I'm planning on fitting driving lights to the car, probably be more powerful than my headlights anyway, and should really help with the night driving. Also cheaper than buying LHD units, and you can use them in England as well.

Charlie

Driving lights are pretty damned essential - I love mine! Make sure you carry some spare bulbs too... my cheapo unit bulbs broke within a couple of months. Replaced with some bulbs that cost nearly as much as the units in the first place - far better!

:)The "White Tornado" will have her contact lenses on (genuine Lucas Continental headlight converters) we picked them up at an autojumble back in 1998.

To Quote a phrase from the 2 fat ladies 10CR 2003 ;)....We always know when your behind us because our headlights are yellow :) 

Swapped some rectangular Lucas driving lamps for a set of round ones, gonna fit in the same position as the first of the works 2000 rally cars on the bumpers- hope I do not need some adjustable threaded struts for them- I imagine Demon Tweeks would have them.

As a word of warning, Holden's have all the stuff, but are poor at getting it to you- I have waited 2 months now for a moto-lita steering wheel- this is Moto litas delay- however I had to chase Holdens up- they did seem very proactive- i was told last monday that i would have the wheel last Thurs- no sign- looking forward to Tuesday and finding out what's happening. If you want quality service try Demon Tweeks.

Archived