Change The Date?

Deleted User

There was some talk of putting the 2009 10CR back to October on this year's event.

However, some of the high roads may not be as accessible as they are in September.

Check out today's picture on the Stelvio.

A few more inches of snow and that would be a long detour around the Alps or through a boring tunnel (no pun intended).

McJim.

I'm not suggesting it should be in the school holidays (god forbid!). Just one weekend later and we'd all have the chance of some jumbling to get spares the week before. After all it does seem a pity to miss the biggest autojumble in the country. I really want to do the 10CR, but Beaulieu just gets under your skin.....

The thoughts for changing the date are:

1. Give the Organiser 12 months to sort the event out. However he could start earlier, this would mean event overlap with the RBRR, would anyone enter the event whilst the RBRR is still to be done, money etc. Still the organiser could start work earlier and then announce in November.
2. Tie it into the RBRR date of the first weekend of October.

By the way still no word if Ellis is gonna organise next time.

Next Monday the Comp Ctte of the Club meets and one of the topics under the 10CR discussion will be the date for next time. Alot to talk about on Monday night!

By the way I only entered my first RBRR as the event was held in early October. I thought it would be more pleasant taking part in a long event in October using a GT6 than in September. I would hate to enter the 10CR if it was in June.

Bear in mind that the Alpine passes are usually kept open till september/early oktober. If the snow gets to much after that they will close them down.
I'd say stick to september,much easier to get accomodation sorted and usually good weather.
Wouldn't do this kind of event in summer, to hot, to many bloody tourists etc...

Having enjoyed the stunning weather with the top down a lot of the way (including overnight until we lost the heater!), too much later may be a backwards step with respect to the weather.  I know it could swing either way at any time but the later you leave it, the more chancy it gets!

Don't suppose a week would make a lot of diff though, but a month could!

Archived