Anyone else using the Backup car??

Reg Barton

Right, that's it definitely confirmed...... Entry #31 is using the back up car. :o
The list of worry items on the PI just kept growing, so in the end, we're taking the Honeysuckle 2000 TC instead.  Got in it on Sunday having not looked at it for more than two months (other than to nick the better radio and speakers out of it) - and it started first time, and settled quickly to a nice, even, smooth tickover.  Fluid levels all OK, cleaned and polished up and looking lovely - so we're back in business.  All I've got to do now is move the bloody radio and speakers back into it, swap around the wheels/tyres, oh, and I guess I'd better go and tax it now too.....
Now ....... where are those Alps??? ;D

Same here - my backup car (Spitfire) is currently out of MOT and needs a bit of welding - I blame the wet Cornish bit of the RBRR for that! so it would have to be the Eurobox, on the other hand 800 miles to the tankfull would be helpful! ;D ;D ;D

I'm using the Stag this year which has a new engine thats been run in gently, 4 core radiator, new viscous coupling, new driveshafts, new rear hubs to mention a few of the items that have been changed in the last couple of years I'm not expecting anything serious, but then I didn't on my last two attempts!!! :-/

Archived