steering rack solid mounts

iomgt6

I changed out to solid mounts in 2001 when my GT6 failed its French MOT. All the talk of different rack heights and use of jubilee clips worried me somewhat so I went and looked in my old parts box ( I never throw anything away ) and compared the old mounts with the solid ones on the car - the height is identical. I checked to see if the rack had moved - Nope. If it hasn't moved in 17 years, I doubt it will move now. I'll probably put a clip in for security just in case.
                                                                                           TP

it sits under the passenger side rubber rack mount, literally a small bit of nylon/plastic. It is kept in place my the rubber mount, and presses against the inside rack (ie the bit inside the racktube)
If yusing solid mounts, this button is exposed. MAny people just leave it out, or may not even be there... so using a cable tie or jubilee clip keeps it in place.