Steering Rack Bushes

cbjroms

I am trying to get the steering rack back onto my 13/60 chassis and am using new Superflex poly bushes.

One phot below shows the way in which the housing seems to want to sit crookedly on the bush, the other shows my attempt to clamp the housing and bush in place before tightening the bolts.

What am I doing wormg?

I had the same problem with the ones I bought for my Vitesse. As soon as you try and tighten them down they slide out from the mount. I Purchased a full car kit from Jigsaw, I think they are Polybush, the red hard option, not cheap at about £150. Wasn't happy with the fit so have left them off and fitted solid aluminium mounts. The spring eye bushes were also too wide to fit in the vertical link so I had to shave off about 5mm. Just one of many items I have bought for the car from various suppliers that just don't work or fit properly. Panels, Trim, rubbers, mechanical parts etc.etc. I currently have a GT6, Spit, and Vitesse and owned various other triumphs over the years, and have wasted loads of money and time overvthe years trying to get shite parts to fit.

Mark

• 2 months later...

3459 wrote:
I am trying to get the steering rack back onto my 13/60 chassis and am using new Superflex poly bushes.

One phot below shows the way in which the housing seems to want to sit crookedly on the bush, the other shows my attempt to clamp the housing and bush in place before tightening the bolts.

What am I doing wormg?

I'm about to do this too, how did you get on in the end with the poly bushes? My old rubber ones, looked ok to be honest. No cracks, but soft compared to the poly bushes. Just was concerned about getting a good fit and it looking right,.....?

Does it matter if the clamp is more than the recommend 3.2 mm away from the rack flange...due to it squeezing away as clamp tightned?

Archived