Rear Anti-Roll Bars

Hurricane 1600

One question regarding lowering the rear, either by diff block or drilling new holes in the uprights...

My car has a one inch diff lowering block and swing spring, and I'd agree with Dave that the rear is absolutely unstickable, at least with my modest horsepower and talent. (Did the roundabout demo earn you your nickname, Dave?). However, the shock absorber now operates nearer the top end of its travel. On a hefty bump the wheel is more likely to be hitting the bump stop within the shockie, resulting in a bumpier ride and less control of wheel movement. Are there other rear dampers available to provide more suspension travel?

Quoted from Nick_Moore However, the shock absorber now operates nearer the top end of its travel. On a hefty bump the wheel is more likely to be hitting the bump stop within the shockie, resulting in a bumpier ride and less control of wheel movement. Are there other rear dampers available to provide more suspension travel?

Yes there are, Moss do a short Spax shock that fits nicely, I think its the same one used for the telescopic damper conversion for vitesses.

Or....... Cut off half your bumpstop to gain the extra 1/2" in travel.

Cheers
Andy

Archived