Roller Rockers or Cam Change???

moosetvr

Hi, I have a Spitfire fitted with a 2500 straight six taken from a Triumph 2.5S.  As far as i know the engine is standard, breathing through twin 1 3/4 SU's.
Can anybody advise me whether the 1.55 ratio roller rockers available from www.goodparts.com would have much benefit as an easy bolt on upgrade, or whether this is not worth bothering with and just go ahead and do the TR6 camshaft swap that has been recommended on this site a number of times.  Or is there another option in this area of camshaft and valve lift??
Thanks Darren

That TR5 cam runs absolutely great on carbs, I used them a lot on 1500 Spitfires, and 2.5L saloons which always raised the power out to well over 90bhp (on 1500) even with the original exhaust manifold, and they work great on Mk111 1300 too with a good exhaust.

Always caused a bit of a suprise, - apart from the slightly lumpier idle no-one could see a visual difference apart from they had loads of torque and went like rockets.
There is a downside, they do run-on a bit on carbs with the higher compression heads, that's why they detuned them and brought the CR down.

Archived