dimensions of radiator boards

Fizzy

does anybody have the general measurements of the boards that sit oat the side of the radiator to 'catch' the air ? im sure i could work it out with trial and error, but i'll be honest its a lot easier to just ask if anybody knows what size to make them.

cheers

While you're waiting for the dimensions to come up:

I think the best material so far for the radiator shrouds & engine valances has got to be that thick black slightly-flexy plastic that they now use in various places in cars, but most often as wheel well liners (or inner fenders, as they're called here).

There are often big flat pieces in various cars under the hood that would be great for scavenging from a junkyard car to make them from.  The originals were a black cardboard-like material that deteriorated faster than anyone likes.  Some folks use aluminum (or stainless, if creating high art), but that black plastic stuff would look most like original while being much more durable, easy to clean, won't get hot, & wouldn't slice the side of your hand like metal ones while fooling around under the hood.

bingo!

http://teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spitenginepanels.htm

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIUMPH-SPITFIRE-Mk4-1500-Pair-Engine-Bay-Valances-NEW_W0QQitemZ150335900066QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item150335900066&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

good effort, but not what im looking for  ;) im talking about a pair that sit each side of the radiator and go forwards towards the grill. they stop cool air going anywhere other than into the radiator.

Cant help you with the rad bits, but I too noticed the yamaha has gone  ;) Is there a leaf that has been turned  ;D

But it may be worth adding a flat bit across the bottom of the rad too, to stop air escaping under it. Just a thought...

yeah i dropped the yamaha bit, i've still got the bike but its much easier to be referred to as fizzy rather than the whole thing ;)

JensH thats even better than i could have hoped for. much appreciated. as for teh bit to stop it flowing underneath, good call. need all the help i can get.

sorry im still on the hunt! i might fabricate some next week, and if i do ill undoubtedly go all fancy pants and get them cut out on my mates water jet cutter out of aluminium, so ill have proper dimensioned plans for you. Not historically correct mind!

Archived