Overdrive, hows it feel?

bond

Hi all,      just wired up overdrive for the first time since i got the GT three years ago. When doing 45/50 plus and i engage the overdrive not a lot apears to happen. the load on the engine seems less but i expected more (revs dropping drematically for example). When i disengage the overdrive the revs do increase and you can feel its gone down a gear. Does this sound right to you guys?  thanks Dave. . . . Stafford was great  :)

yep seems right to me...it should feel like its engaging another gear? revs sit down? you should really notice it though... you might need to do some adusting to the overdrive. might need more oil? or badly adjusted solenoid? not sure. overdrive isnt my area of expertise. im sure some guys on here will be able to help you. Btw, was your GT6 the mk3 with wolfrace alloys at stafford?

Garry

Love overdrive, especially the early steering-column mounted version. you just drive round town flicking in and out as required without having to take a hand off the wheel. I notice mine more disengaging rather than engaging, the revs certainly drop on engaging but it's quite gentle; when switching off they definitely rise! You should feel it kick in a few seconds at most after switching on, like an automatic car changing gear.

Hi. When changing into overdrive as you operate the switch ease off throttle,as disengage easo on the throttle,this way shouldn't get a "bump"of any sort.
Very smooth being the order of the day,a bit like changing gear without using the clutch.
Charles.

to take the jolt out of the change play the throttle or best just a light dab/feather the clutch to stop the stress of the change is best and esures longer OD life , also better for the passengers  who wont need a neck brace  this kees the power on changes but makes it smooooth   Pete

Archived