Rear Inner Drive Shaft

WEDGEWOOD1968

Yeah..... these tend to be TIGHT.  Have you got new bearings too?  You'll probably need them.

They'll sometimes come off with a decent 3 legged puller or small bearing puller (pull on the seal plate as well) and a bit of heat on the inner race.  I have had a couple where I've had to dismantle the bearing and grind most of the way through the inner race to crack it.

Nick

I had to do one about 5 years ago. Once removed from the car I took it and the new parts to a local engineering firm who dismantled and reassembled it - I think they charged me 15 or 20 quid. Easy job if you have the right tackle, may be worth considering farming it out.

A long time before that I had one on exchange from one of the usual suspects - Canleys IIRC - but on the second occasion they couldn't do exchange (early type, less common shaft) and I couldn't wait for the post as I was using the car for work. Again, though, something to think about.