ferny

Anyone got opinions on after-market seats?

I've sat in a Vitesse with the following type of seat. Well, that's a lie. I lifted myself over the side bolster and landed in it before hoiking myself out again. ;) So I'm obviously not a massive fan of that style especially in a car used for boring journeys like going to Supermarkets and their tight parking bays which require the door to be fully swung open. Anyone got any other opinions or sources for "universal" seats? It's an option I'll probably take seeing as I've given up on fitting seats from a modern and I can buy two OMP seats for less than it costs to recover one Herald front seat...

I tried Rover 214 seats. Lovely, half velour, half leather and the stitching matched the original seats. The b-post in a convertible is too wide though and the transmission tunnel needed tickling with a hammer. Simply wouldn't fit in a usable way, unless you're about 5' tall.

I'm looking at these;

Two concerns though - they're very cheap so not sure how well they'll be made and they're extremely narrow. Will compare dimensions with standard Herald seats. I'm not sure they're "bucket" enough either. The headrest also looks horrible. A bit of research hasn't found anyone complaining about their quality though.

I have fitted MGF Seats into my 13/60 Convertible they are black and the pattern matches the original interior quite well IMO they were not a straight fit though as I had to chop the original runners off and weld a couple of pieces of flat bar to them and then mount them on top of the existing Herald runners.

Nice and comfy and they go back just enough for me I am 5'8".

The OMP seats look well made judging by the photo but the second seat you show with the nasty headrest looks like the ones I had considered until I had a look at them in the flesh and IMO they looked a bit flimsy but after saying that they are obviously made to a price.  

It was my intention to keep the interior standard but when I started to put the car back together I found that the drivers side seat needed much more than just a new foam base as when I took the cover off the frame EVERYTHING underneath it disintegrated and |I was not prepared to spend the type of money involved just for one seat.

The MGF seats would fit straight in with some mods to the Tunnel but it was to late into the rebuild for me.