ted mott

Evening all, claning out the garage today i uncovered the hardtop i got for Lucky last year, 50 quidleys off ebay and a perfect colour match.

well the interior material was a mess so i ripped it out today, now the question...................i saw some headlining on Rimmers website, is it a complete kit, does it come with the 3 bars already sown in?

and is it easy to fit?

i know one has to take off the quarter-lights surrounds but is that all?

should i have ripped the old stuff out?

have i messed it up?

is it repairable?

does santa really exist?

will sheffield wednesday ever get back into the premiership?

and has my brother really bcome a trainspotter?

ted

The headlining on Rimmers website LOOKS like it comes complete. I bet they'd tell ya if you asked. :)

If it's complete it shouldn't be an UTTER pain to fit, but it will involve you in SOME pain.

You'll need to remove quarter lights and I think they rivet in so you'll be cursing a fair bit drilling them out, then trying to find a rivet gun small enough to re-fit them. Then you'll be messing about with all the push-on stuff all the way around as well. Yuck.  No fun. Seek professional advice and/or assistance.

If the other headlining wasn't completely cack then you probably should have left it there, but it's too late now! 

You haven't messed it up. Everyone's still alive and well. But DO NOT repeat DO NOT tear off any of the rubber stuff or the quarterlight surrounds in such a manner that you damage them OK? The rear quarterlight surrounds, for instance, are made out of UNOBTAINIUM.

Yes it's repairable. Rimmers to the rescue. (May be other sources out there too, and quite possibly some cheaper source...).

Santa doesn't really exist. It was your parents all along.

Sheffield Wednesday don't have a prayer of getting back into the Premiership. Switch allegiance immediately.

I don't know your brother.

Smile. :) Hard tops are a nuisance encumbrance anyway, unless you're gonna race it.

Archived