Electric Fuel Pump

Chashend56

A quick Google suggests this is a copy of a facet pump. 

In all honesty the simple answer is to return it and buy a facet posiflow pump if on a budget, or ideally a Huco. Both available as a low pressure type. Huco available as with tank or engine bay fitting...

Really I cant understand why people replace the mechanical pump as its so simple and, in my experience, reliable that it would be one of the last thing on my list of modifications. I wonder if people have a problem, cant or mis-diagnose it and then go off into installing a new system so introducing many additional variables....

I put a cheap electric pump in my Vitesse when I replaced the engine, because I made the mistake of replacing a pre-HC5000 block with a just-post-HC5000 one, and the fuel pump is one of the many things that don't carry over.

The electric pump gave me SO MUCH GRIEF over the following year and a bit, that I dug out a knackered 2500S mechanical fuel pump I'd acquired a few years back, rebuilt it (an afternoon's work) and fitted that. It has fixed all my problems. So I'm with glang on this - stick with the original unless you have a really good reason not to.

If the original pump is ok yes,but I have tried a couple of new pumps that are crap and unreliable. At least with the electric pump you can prime the carbs without having to turn the engine over. Unless of course there's a priming lever on the old pump.

Danny

I bought a replacement, with prime lever, for my 2L Vit from Paddocks cos I didnt want to faff about overhauling the original (non return valves not sealing), slapped it on and not had a problem since. No new power supply, cut off switch or installation needed.....