13 x 7j wheels-advice pls

TRad

Hi

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone have above sized wheels to fit a tr7? I'm hoping someone might let me just try and put a paionus theirs on my tr7 as i want to check if any fouling on arches before I potentially buy a set. Pcd is 95.25mm. I live on bucks area.

Any help or advice gratefully recd!

Cheers
Adam

You could use a standard steel rim without a tyre to take some measurements.
And with the dimensions, the better tyre manufacturers supply, should give a decent indication if it fits or not.
Just bear in mind that the tyres dimensions are much more critical then the wheels.

Don't know about best option.
They certainly are road legal and pretty good, especially on tarmac.
That's my opinion and based my driving style with the DHC.

According to the DT website the Yokohama A021-R tyre is a road legal list 1B tyre, ideal for track days, circuit racing, special stages or road rallies.
It is designed as a wet weather/intermediate tyre with a softer compound and an increased tread depth for maximum grip and wet weather performance.
It is an ideal all round performer [ ... ]

Don't expexct more than 6000 miles from them  ::)

Slightly related i guess, but I've got 205/60/13 Silverstone FTZ Sport Type RR tyres on my 1976 TR7V8 race car which are road legal 'slicks'. Only done 1 hill climb so far and seemed very grippy!

When I was looking around I was told that the Toyo and Yokohama versions aren't as good after lots of heat/cool cycles, which are more prevalent with sprints and hill climbs.
Cheers Paul,

1976 TR7 FHC (ACG 3115)
1977 TR7V8 3.9 FHC rally car (ACG 35005)
1980 TR7V8 3.5 DHC

www.triumph-cars.co.uk

Archived