TimW

339 wrote:
Great idea Colin and I could have the "fun" of an overdrive with a 5 speed!!

I don't think the GT6 has enough room and the 5 speed gearbox doesn't have a drive flange on the rear it has a sliding spline :-/ :-/ :-/

Could the o/d not be fitted between a shortened prop and the diff?

Colin.

Aahhhhhh!! The Maxspeeding rods!!

There was a thread over on sideways a while back regarding these rods, basically they seemed a good idea and reasonably well made, however at the time they did not fit the 6 pot engine!! I was going to get hold of a couple at one point to test them out in the spitfire, but he ended up shooting off somewhere with his work, and it never quite worked out.

However, from memory, they guy who tried them had reported the issue back to maxspeeding, who were quite concerned about this (as would be expected, seeing as they were sold for the 6 pot) and said they would look into it and see what could be done, I presume that this has now been done! (On the basis Witor's are selling them!)

Oddly enough, the company had sent me an email a while back, they seemed to think kinkyspit was a company for some reason  ;D ;D ;D

However, has anyone on here used these yet? And if so, could they send me a pm to confirm what they fitted into, this could well be something that will incorporate into my website at some point!

Cheers,

Phil

P.S - Just to clarify, from what I can remember the fitting issue was something to do with the rod being to "wide" (if that is the right term??) so it touched the side of the block. It is a while since that thread though, so I may well have a couple of details wrong!!