wtd-- head gasket

nicmk1est

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats your Trouble, With bodywork issuse and short or lack of mot would say £500/£700 top for someone to repair, Very few people  now days who want triumphs want rough looking ones, The cost of putting bodywork right  on the `big` triumph is very expensive  and panels are scarce,
The costs to sort and value once done don`t make sense to do them.
If i had of known a few months ago would of been interested in it, But brought one 1967 man o/d estate no mot or tax for £300 and don`t have the money or space for another one,
I do think its a shame to break it, but its your car and if nobody is prepared to buy it at a price that makes sense to you, and you have the time and space to break it and can wait to get all your money back its up to you, A lot depends if you have any attachment to it or its just a means of transport.
I would of thought it would sell on e-bay with mot for over £800 if you look at what mk1 estate are fetching at moment

Cheers Andy

Just cos you haven't had someone ram 1000 notes through your letter box in the 1 hr 38mins between your two posts don't mean no one wants it ...i hate to say it ,but  [as someone who runs two businesses that to a certain degree rely on the seller] i'd say people are more put off by the person selling than the car or price

Don't forget that I have some sills here for you if you are going to replace the sills, and will get them sent to you if needs be.  If they are going to save the car (despite the fact that I could really do with parts off it) as I have said they are available for nowt - but ONLY for this car and if it saves it for Nic or by someone else.

Ted

• 2 weeks later...

well,not done anything to it lately,,,weather been crap,just covered the car and treated the area with rust proof,,i know about the sill nose,it will be cut-off and re-used or fabricated again,,,,may need to sell the 4speed overdrive gearbox to aid funds,,but not sure yet!

Yes Lloyd has been in touch directly with me and hope I can put some bits his way to help him (or someone) sort it - he is a friend anyway.

We'll have to get those garages built to house all my own cars next year ....... and maybe Steph will sanction me storing Nic's old car here ........ (pray)

• 3 weeks later...