fitting a 2 litre engine to a 1959 Herald

Rubce

Hi All

Can any of you advise what is involved in fitting a straight 6 cyl 2 litre engine and associated gearbox into a 1959 Herald? I profess to know very little about Heralds. I have the option on the car but would prefer a bigger engine.

Thanks

Bruce

yep, don't do it.... or you'll  have to reinforce lot of sections e.g. front suspension, diff mounting etc... keep 59'r as it is.
Better start with a later car like I'm doing,

http://club.triumph.org.uk/cgi-bin/forum10/Blah.pl?m-1220906347/s-all/

In the end it is probably easier to buy a Vitesse and cheaper as well....

....Yes, that early a car should remain 'stock' as there must only be a handful of the earliest left...You can justify a Vitesse, in addition (or 13/60 which would be easier to put a bigger engine in) on the basis that the little 948 will only cost you a small amount in insurance & not only will the tax discs be free on both cars, but you won't even have to shell-out for an MOT on the '59er'...!!!  :)

I try ti keep JLG as nice as I can.  Only put a few miles a year on her.   Yes I still use the UK plates, (police here don't care) though I have the correct Maryland one's in the car.  I did get plates with the same number.    We have to keep them nice as I only know of 4 Estates in the states.  The other two (1200's LHD's) are in California.   If anyone know's of a another, please inform me.  Chris Allen was happy with the way I keep her when he was over and spent some time working on her.   She gets lots of comments as most here have never seen one.

Paudman:  I think the lighting in the hall was not the best for photos.   I still have the copy.  Funny, that is Ashley Mills next to the car.  Met him for the first time at Stafford and we have become very good mates since then.   I remember the yellow Herald and I think it was from Germany.  It had a very nice home made luggage rack on the back that mounted to the 4 screws on the rear of the lid, to hide the pull through.  Would like to have one of them.   Of course that was where the wife and I met you and your family.  We had a good time that weekend.   Chris Allen and his wife also became good mates form that weekend and we visit with them often.  

To All Here:   See Triumph's and Heralds Do Bring People Together!