C2C2021 - Final Instructions and Briefing

Chriss

Hi again All

I have just sent out the Final Instructions and Briefing to all entrants.  If you have not received them please email me to let me know and I'll resend them to the email address you mailed me from.

Please read these FI & B very carefully, print them, send them to your co-driver and bring them with you to the start, along with all other suggested equipment.

Please remember that if you have Covid symptoms or have been told to self isolate mail me and do not come to the start.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the Start (and finish!)

• 4 months later...

Chriss - having completed this year’s RBRR, we are thinking about other events particularly the C2C.  I know nothing about it other than the title means Coast to Coast.  Is there a link to a page describing the event please?  I don’t even know where it goes from and to!

Thanks in advance.

Need to think about buying another Triumph, is it best as a two or three person team?

Chris & I are working on finalising this years route and details will be published in a few weeks. It usually starts around 6pm from a coastal town with something interesting, aside from a clutch of old Triumphs, & ends on a different coastline about 12 hours later for breakfast. In between the route will include some enjoyable driving along different & interesting roads.

Hope to see you there.

Howard

Hi Carboy0 and all

I have only just noticed there has been some activity on the C2C forum. I apologize for not paying more attention. I have been focused in other areas of CT activity recently.

Thank you Howard, Mike and Clive for advising, all correct.  I hope to be making an announcement about the C2C22 in the new year.  It is being planned even as I write and it should be a good one, if we can pull off our plan!  It will be held on the 25th/26th June.  The entry will open a few months after the announcement.  There is some IT to do yet.

There is normally a section on the website under events describing the C2C.  I would refer you to that, but it is not currently shown.  I'll see if I can get it reinstated.

On 20/11/2021 at 13:31, Chriss said:

It will be held on the 25th/26th June. 

Hi Chris 

Is that a definite on the date 25th/26th June? I am on-call that weekend so will need to swap it and the earlier I ask for someone to cover me the higher the chance I will find someone who can do it for me.

Cheers

Mark 

Hi Mark

That is the date that is in the provisional CT calendar and is the one that I am using to talk with the providers of the start and finish locations.  However is can only be set in stone when the CT calendar is finalised.  I will advise when that is.

Cheers, Chris

• 1 month later...

Hi @Colin Cutts, you'll get a lot of info in the club magazine (you can see some back-issue in the files section on here: linky ), but also in the events section on this website. Yes, events are typically first come first served but only the "premier" events tend to sell out instantly (RBRR/10CR)

Welcome to the club and the forum!

Cheers, Sam

1 hour ago, yorkshire_spam said:

Hi @Colin Cutts, you'll get a lot of info in the club magazine (you can see some back-issue in the files section on here: linky ), but also in the events section on this website. Yes, events are typically first come first served but only the "premier" events tend to sell out instantly (RBRR/10CR)

Welcome to the club and the forum!

Cheers, Sam

Events used to sell out in a few weeks when I joined in 2008, but the next 10CR was sold out in a few hours.....

H

1 hour ago, Howard said:

Events used to sell out in a few weeks when I joined in 2008, but the next 10CR was sold out in a few hours.....

H

Yeah, I remember having plenty of time to ponder entry to RBRR/10CR... not any more. Seems to be a bit of a polarisation though - the main events more popular than ever, but other smaller events (autotests, 12 car, etc.) being cancelled due to a lack of entries.

8 hours ago, Colin Cutts said:

Hi I am new to this club (joined one week ago) how do you get on the lists for the various rallies are they first come first served I apologise if you think this is a stupid question 

Welcome to madhouse Colin😀

Regards

Bruce