Mr Elsie

In my experience, not having taken them to a metal-finisher for his opinion, nothing I tried for myself brought mine back up to standard, so I had the front one re-chromed (which is now OK), and I left the rear one alone.
I also acquired a dent-free rear one to get chromed seperately, but haven't gotten around to doing so. And it ain't cheap, chroming.
Now available - which weren't then - stainless steel bumpers produced in Vietnam - see eBay. Very nice indeed. Very expensive indeed. Better than re-chroming though IMO.
(Sorry! No positives!)

Smithy - I would like the link to the stainless ones from Viet Nam, they don't show up on the US ebay.

My bumpers really let my car down - front dents, pitting and rear holes (over-riders installed by a PO), resulting in a lot of expensive work for the rechromer.  
They're OK for now, but once the rest of the car is completed, they will have to go.  Same for the outer door handle body plates.

Nice work Brad. Doc - I said they weren't cheap didn't I? Set's for the GT6 3 and the later Spitfires haven't been around that long, and I nearly got in on the first set half-price as a "trial" customer... Now I wish I'd committed at the time.  :-/

Has anyone here got any first hand experience of the fit? I'd always be worried paying that much money that the fit wouldn't be as good as an original bumper.

Also the stainless bits and bobs on my car don't seem to give the same shine as chrome, maybe I should get the metal polish out?

Is it just me?

Although lifetime anti-corrosion warranty sounds nice.

Bradley.

It does not say what type of stainless steel they are made of. There are different grades and some have more chromium content then others. I made a stainless steel exhaust for my motorbike some years back and used 316 grade.This did look like chrome when polished.

Apparently someone in the TSSC fitted some to a late GT6 and was really pleased with the result, that's all I've heard. I plan on dropping £££ on a pair eventually, but my originals were rechromed and still look pretty decent.

2402 wrote:
I fitted a set and they were very nice. I then changed where I was going with the car but here is two pi'c of the front of my old SPIDDY.

Fit was good and the shine was fantastic. I drove through the snow and salt and they were still perfect 6 months later.

Chris.

Nice to have some first hand experience, with pictures too. 8)

The bumpers do look to fit well and have a nice shine like chrome.

If it were me in the position of re-chroming or buying stainless I would defiantly be going the stainless route, would probably work out cheaper in the long run as well.

Bradley.