Rear quarterlight repair on hood

mazfg

I've got a small nik in my left hand side rear quarter light and it also looks like it's slightly comign away from where it joins the main hood as the photos show.

What's the best way to repair this, especially before it gets any bigger. Hot air gun and a bit of squashing together? Where can I get a piece of clear vinyl from?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

On those hoods I think the only repair is to replace the whole thing. Mine was coming away at the join and when I did some research it couldn't be done. When I replace it with a new one I'll be more careful with the company I choose to use!

Depends whether you want it perfect or weatherproof.  I repaired my old Vitesse hood several times when it kept getting vandalised.
Try your local "Freecycle" to pick up an unwanted tent/gazebo or similar for the window plastic - it'll be free!
Use a normal needle and waterproof carpet thread/thick nylon thread to sew the window back in - easier on a hot sunny day or with a fan heater inside the car to soften the materials.  Do it with the top closed but not clipped tight.  Go over the stitching with clear RTV sealant, just a little on the end of your finger will do - you are sealing the stitches not the window.  Wipe clean and it is job done.  Take your time and it is an unobtrusive repair... you might not win any concours tho'.