pancake/k&n filter fuel line

WIMPUS

Wim,
I see on your 1500 thread that on one of the pictures your car had K&N's installed.
Why change them for these?
These K&N's you can clean easily and you then oil them and they are as good as new. Actually that was why they were made in the first place. (I know because it says so on the box of the second pair i bought after i threw the first ones out because clogged  :'()

There is then also a slight chance that your carb already has the correct needles, although that is not granted, most people slap them on because they look good and dont go any further.

Dirk

2053 wrote:
Wim,
I see on your 1500 thread that on one of the pictures your car had K&N's installed.
Why change them for these?
These K&N's you can clean easily and you then oil them and they are as good as new. Actually that was why they were made in the first place. (I know because it says so on the box of the second pair i bought after i threw the first ones out because clogged  :'()

There is then also a slight chance that your carb already has the correct needles, although that is not granted, most people slap them on because they look good and dont go any further.

Dirk

Dirk, i had the regular filters fitted (those that are supposed to be in the air filter housing) so i don't have k&n..
The garage guy said to try it first with the needles i got otherwise i need others.

Wim

2053 wrote:
Are these the ones you mean?
I mistook them for KN's
:-/

I bet they breath better than the ones you are intending of installing

those are the original filters for in the air box
Will see when i fit them.
When i bought here the old filters where full of stuff and it still runed good  :p

I wouldn't even use those filters as a door stop!!  They are completely useless!! no, even more useless than completely useless!!  I would either fit the standard airbox or proper K&N filters.  If you can't afford K&N's then fit the standard airbox.  

339 wrote:
I wouldn't even use those filters as a door stop!!  They are completely useless!! no, even more useless than completely useless!!  I would either fit the standard airbox or proper K&N filters.  If you can't afford K&N's then fit the standard airbox.  

My original airbix does'nt fit anymore because of my gas struds for the bonnet.

Wim,
If I am not mistaken I must still have the original KN's
If I can find them you are welcome to have those, all you would then need is a bottle of Filter oil and clean them up.
However you will have to wait until eastern as I wont be back before then and I'm sure nobody else will find his way through my stock control.

Wim,
If I can find them you are welcome to have those, all you would then need is a bottle of Filter oil and clean them up.
However you will have to wait until eastern as I wont be back before then and I'm sure nobody else will find his way through my stock control.

2053 wrote:
Wim,

are these for HS4 carb's Dirk ?  :)

4526 wrote:

they ain't going to fit then  :-/

They will fit Wim........you need a round file to elongate all the holes slightly in the back plate that secure to the carbs, the gasket will take up the exposed bit on the bolt holes   :)

I did the same on some K&N's that were for HS6 carbs on my HS4's.

I wouldnt pass up on some free K&N's mate, and send the seat foam filters back, as said....useless ..!

Here's what i did with the the fuel pipe to the float bowls, used a Vauxhall OEM rubber with a fabric type protection fuel pipe, designed for petrol so no leaks or perishing, 3 yrs on.