NEW SU Needle Graph App

James

Just thought I'd preview this here :)

http://www.mintylamb.co.uk/suneedle2/?n=AAQ,AAN,BDQ

After 6 years I thought it needed an update.

Am just adding a menu for selecting needles and all done. (for now you can add them manually by changing the URL)

James

Y axis is the diameter of the needle.

If you imagine holding the needle up horizontally - with the thickest part (piston end) on the left and the needle pointing towards the right - that's what you can see on the graph.

You might wonder why it's kind of backwards - well that's because it's easier to imagine it getting richer as the needle gets thinner - so the line goes upwards.

James

Very neat James - well done(clap).  Gives a nice 'pictorial' impression of how these needles alter the flow of fuel through the jet.

I know there are lots of them out there but I have the SU needle chart booklet somewhere in my archive in case anyone wants info from it - does the same as the graph but uses numbers and I believe covers most of the needles that SU produced.

Ted

Thanks Ted -

I'm pretty sure my database has most of the needles - there are a hell of a lot in there. Mine has the numbers if you roll over each point.

I'll get on to the interface that lists all the needles this weekend :)

Once that is done I may make some kind of interface to look for richer or leaner needles - but not sure how to do that yet - at a specific needle station or over a range of stations... need to have a good think about how to solve that.

James

Archived