Carbs, carbs...

WIMPUS

Well got a few questions ...  :B

With what feeler gauge do you need to set the choke right (i mean the screw for the butterfly to open up) (i hope i say this right  :B)

Looked in the manual, but gave up.

And got a bit of a thing..

When cold the idle is above 1000 rpm (sometimes 1500) when i just get the choke off, when it's warmed up good it settles down to around 950 rpm, but sometimes it's also above this...

How can this be ?

Read somewhere that you can see at the revs if it's to rich or to lean.
I'm pretty sure when the revs dive under the idle when you suddenly stop it's to rich ..

Hope someone gets the answers !  :B

Thinking of getting 1 mixture nut closed so i can count the flats and then open it up the same again, then open up the other the same amount .
So they are the same mixture wise and then i can get them until it drives good  :)
I think now 1 carb is richer then the other :-/

Hello Wim,

"With what feeler gauge do you need to set the choke right (i mean the screw for the butterfly to open up) (i hope i say this right  )"

The actual setting is not too critical, but what you must do is get them equal. When you tighten up those links, then move the central rod, both throttles should move simultaneously. You do need a bit of a gap though.

Make sure that the choke idle screws are clear of the throttles when the choke is pushed in or that will affect the idle. Also try and adjust your idle speed to about 700 rpm, 950 is too high.
It is a good idea if things seem a bit out to restart and set the jets to the nominal setting, i.e. 12 flats down, that should be prettuy close.

Alec