TC2500 Door Seal Profile

colmiller

Can anyone help me with a drawing or photo of the door seal profile. My car has had a household type sponge glued on in the past which is in the process of disintegrating. I live outside Sydney Australia so I can't easily just ask for seals for a Triumph 2500 and know I will get the right thing locally.

Regards,

Colin

We had this discussion a few months ago. Google Baines in UK. They have one's that fit and for a reasonable price. The usual suspects sell ones that are almost impossible to fit but the Baines one's work well. https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.coh-baines.co.uk%2F&ei=rggeVdDNEIL_8QXStoHIDw&usg=AFQjCNEcGZCK2s2JzMMQH16IwZT72FNS2A&bvm=bv.89947451,d.dGc
Tony.

Courtesy of Bill Davies of Rarebits4classics fame, you are looking for profile "CDS1" in this pdf:

http://www.rarebits4classics.co.uk/Forms/Extrusion_List_15_05_2013.pdf

Least, that is what I just fitted to my Mk1 2000, and as far as I am aware they are the same for Mk1 and Mk2?

My seals were supplied by Chris Witor (I am based in the UK) and fitted with no problems. I did not use lube either, just nice careful work with a screwdriver, they went in in no time at all. BTW, they are easier to fit if you remove the doors from the car :P

Cheers,

Phil

Many thanks everyone. It looks as though there are at least 2 suitable profiles.
Now that I know what to look for I can visit my local supplier and find something that might do the job.
Sounds like I should stock up with plenty of beer to use as lube for the job too.

Very jealous of you all in the UK just coming into spring. It hasn't stopped raining since the start of the Easter break here in Sydney.
Winter is on its way.

Regards,

Colin

may be a senior moment or just the usual Typo   ((((((  edit just read the original and it says SRS 071))))
I used SRS 071

http://www.coh-baines.co.uk/products/SRS-071-%252d-Dual-hardness-EPDM-%7B47%7D-Sponge-door-seal.html

if the channel is cleared and all joints alignedd the hard Tee slides around and holds well done in a jiffy

maybe the section is a small oversize but many months on and they are fine ...and cheap

Pete

Hello Pete,

OK, the reason I asked is the 071 is a different profile to what I have fitted (I can't remember if I changed them when I originally built the car or whether they are original?) The 117 seems closer in section to what I have.

Alec

Alec yes ,  there's a load to choose from, I had the local rep call with some samples and picked the  SRS 071 one with the Hard Tee retainer and foam this dosnt have the flip type edge but sits in the closed  aperture fine, and the Tee is so easy to fit.

one door was a little tight to the Top B post , it wanted to trap the seal  so a squirt of silicon spray and  bingo.
I did try a flip seal from 'woollies trim' but wasnt a good seal  , bit shy in depth
the Seals from Chris W are still in the cupboard,  the fight to get the dovetail in wasnt on the agenda,
Ive been involved with many seals in a life time on truck manufacture, the trim line wont have the time to fight , so whilst they can be fitted a day per door is unrelistic.

Simon   I ordered 15mtrs and there's enough to have one spare   thats on a 4 door saloon

Pete