rocker cover colour

Rosbif

Hi everybody
I know you have far more important matters to deal with but if anyone can spare a minute I would appreciate it.
My question is this: what is the original colour for the rocker cover on a 1968 13/60?
The one in my car is orange; I am thinking of giving it a touch up but thought I might as well check what the original colour was.
Thanks

Not Orange.  If your fan is seven blade and plastic it is probably not original - likely from a spitfire.  I think the fan should be four blade, metal and yellow.   Can't speak for all late models, though.

1200 and I think early 13/60 had gold coloured rocker covers:
http://www.pioneer-automobiles.co.uk/Resources/library/triumph%20herald%201360%20engine2.gif

Later, I think they went black.
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/uploads/cars/triumph/5702597.jpg

Mine is silver, but that's my choice.

A proper expert may turn up soon.

C.

I would suspect a 13/60 Rocker cover would be Silver originally like a Mk2 Vitesse of the same period?

I've had a look at my Herald/Vitesse book by Graham Robson and it shows a picture of a 13/60 Engine Bay?

Only trouble is the Picture is in Black & White!!

Orange as in a coppery metallic colour, same as this one on my 1200?
The TSSC sell a fairly close approximation in their shop, which for some reason I can’t confirm as their site doesn’t appear to have a shop link and the downloadable pdf catalogue only goes to page 3 on my Mac....

Just had a read of my Mike Costigan book The Complete guide to the herald and Vitesse and on page 71 it states with reference to the 13/60:- The Engine was painted Black but the rocker cover was now painted silver.

Quoted from garyf
Just had a read of my Mike Costigan book The Complete guide to the herald and Vitesse and on page 71 it states with reference to the 13/60:- The Engine was painted Black but the rocker cover was now painted silver.

Which is correct for all but the earliest 13/60s. The first cars received the same copper/gold finish as the 1200's rocker cover, though the switch to silver came very early. The OP's 1968 car would without doubt have the silver rocker cover.

Cheers,
Bill.

Quoted from Rarebits

Which is correct for all but the earliest 13/60s. The first cars received the same copper/gold finish as the 1200's rocker cover, though the switch to silver came very early. The OP's 1968 car would without doubt have the silver rocker cover.

Cheers,
Bill.

That makes sense Bill, 13/60 Introduced in 1967 I think?

Vitesse MK2 introduced in October 1968 so whats the betting all 13/60's after this date had Silver Rocker Covers