WIPAC Crystal Headlamp pilot lights

GT666

1529 wrote:
No, I just put a grommet in the hole.

I hope you told Wallace

I think I want to change over to halogen's as they must be better than the sealed beam candles I currently have
I have heard people say on here that there are some crapp# ones about,where is the best place to get them from at a reasonable price
I have already fitted relays for the power so all I need is the bowls + bulbs

1344 wrote:

Where from ?

http://www.paddockspares.com/pm678-wipac-crystal-halogen-headlamp-conversion-kit-pair-left-hand-dip-uk-and-australia.html

£27.91 + vat and postage, got mine from them about 4 years ago and were one of the best improvements I've made to the car, certainly the cheapest. I don't know what the bulbs are like that they come with as I've not used them yet, I went for osram night breakers instead.
Cheers,
Floyd.

1344 wrote:

I hope you told Wallace

I think I want to change over to halogen's as they must be better than the sealed beam candles I currently have
I have heard people say on here that there are some crapp# ones about,where is the best place to get them from at a reasonable price
I have already fitted relays for the power so all I need is the bowls + bulbs

Dave PM me i am down at easter i will bring you a new pair for nout you will have to get bulbs though.

Andy

One of the chaps at Vale of York TR lot got some for his TR6. He has put a sidelight in the "pilot" hole as well as leaving the normal sidelight connected.
He reckons it is a good idea, and the car is more visible if it's not quite dark enough to bother turning headlamps on.

At the end of the day, your choice (and can you really be bothered?)  ;)

Archived