Yet another body panel question

Sheepy

hi all,

I have searched the forum but to no avail, so I thought I would ask you clever people. ;)

My friend has a mk2 spit, it's drivable, but is in need of some work, so this winter we are taking it off the road for a resto. He is giving me a mk3 spit in exhange for doing the welding work, (this will also need restoring, but my childhood dream of having a spit will at least be started)
His mk2 has a few battle scars, so needs some new panels

Anyway back to the question, my friend works away on the oil rigs, so when he comes back that's when he goes shopping, I told him to go for heritage panels, they may be a little
more costly but will save time, compared to trying to make the inferior panels fit,  :o

He said he thinks they don't do them for round tails? Is that true?
So was thinking of going for quiller panels, has anyone had experience of these, are they a good fit?

And lastly, we are off to the n.e.c. Classic show (he is displaying his roadster) it's both our first time there, do they also have an auto jumble at that show as well as the traders.

Thanks all in advance
Cheers
Shaun

I've no idea whose panels Quiller sell, best to ask them before purchase. Don't expect a trouble-free time even with Heritage panels.

The NEC isn't great for autojumble, tradestands are very expensive and are aimed more at sellers of diecasts and polish. It's possible to find the odd bargain anywhere, but events like the Restoration Show at Stoneleigh (next weekend) are better for genuine autojumble.

Cheers,
Bill.

Archived