Leather seat covers and new foam

AGC

Just finished putting the Park Lane foams in my seats. One of the best things I've done to the car, very pleased with them. I kept the original covers, Vinyl and cloth chestnut, put them through the washing machine in a kill or cure operation, came out very well! Only slight criticism is that PL sent white tie wraps but I had some black already so not a problem and you can't see them anyway.

9598 wrote:
Foam on way for my drivers seat only, shitting myself about putting them in, know I'm gonna cock it up (puke)

If you are just refitting original covers on to the new sponge, then its quite easy
The trick is using a polythene bag to cover the sponge so the cover slides easy over the new sponge
Not as hard as it seems  

8829 wrote:
Are the seats for a GT6 mk2 by any chance? I would love to do the same for mine, replacing the Spitfire seats with a pair of proper GT6 mk2 facelift recliners. Do post pics please!

Not GT6. They are Spitfire 1500 seats in my Spitfire Mk3!

I've heard about the polythene bag trick but how do you get it out?  Bit of a sweaty ride if you leave it in!  :-/  In the end I didn't use it.  It was dead easy, just follow the instructions and buy your Evostik beforehand.  

And a hot tip. There's a sort of shirt tail of vinyl that hangs off the front of the seat back (if you follow me) this just tucks in behind the base of the seat and holds it in place. This is out of sight when everything is back together. There was enough of this vinyl for me to cut a 3 inch strip off which I used to cover and repair my arm rest. Pretty neat as chestnut vinyl is unobtainable!  8)

9077 wrote:
I've heard about the polythene bag trick but how do you get it out?  

You `ve seen the bit where the farmer sticks his hand in the rear of an unsuspecting cow.....
Then thats the way ....just yank it out
Or just tape some plastic sheet over the tops and edges, where the narrow side panel slides over, leaving the back and front(where your back goes)free from plastic
Trust me,take my word for it .....I`m a Triumph driver  

michael_charlton wrote:

If you are just refitting original covers on to the new sponge, then its quite easy
The trick is using a polythene bag to cover the sponge so the cover slides easy over the new sponge
Not as hard as it seems  

As you sound like you have performed this simplest of jobs :-) i am using existing covers, do i need to perform all the mad drawing and cutting of foam?