Wiring diagram for late 1500

heraldcoupe

Sorting out a few electrical gremlins on my 1500, but none of the literature I have includes the relevant wiring diagram.
The car's a late 1500, RHD with the TR7/Dolomite style switchgear. I can find LHD diagrams, which superficially appear to have a different switching setup.

Having removed a very 1980s style alarm, stereo and graphic equalizer, everything's a lot tidier under the dash, but a few bits have stopped working. The LH rear indicator shouldn't be too difficult to fix, just follow the red/green wire. The windscreen washer pump has also stopped working though, and I don't know how it's fed via the column switch. If it's a live feed shared with the wipers, then the problem lies on the other side of the switch. Anyone got a scanned image of this part of the diagram?

I can do it by taking the cowlings off and buzzing everything out, but a diagram would make things a lot quicker,

Cheers,
Bill.

Bill, I've got a workshop manual, Haynes for the GT6 and Spit, and the Autobooks combo book for the Spit 3 4 and 1500. If you're in a hurry and fancy a drive over to Tetbury, PM me. (Not loaded the scanner s/ware on the new Laptop yet, sorry).
*edit * Will load up the laptop tomorra just in case matey.

I've got several Haynes manuals, and the latest dated 1988 doesn't include any FM series Spitfires in RHD form! The diagrams which are there seem quite suspect as well.

Anyway, panic over as I found a LHD diagram online which appears to match my switch configuration. In fact, now I have the colour codes I can see several potential causes of my problems, so tomorrow's first task looks a little more straightforward,

Cheers,
Bill.

JensH wrote:
Any help?

Unfortunately not, but thanks for the thought. That's the latest RHD diagram Haynes provides, lots of differences on the later cars.

This is what I ended up with, I'll see how good it is tomorrow:

http://www.triumphspitfire.com/images/wiring/78diagram.jpg

Cheers,
Bill.

heraldcoupe wrote:

Unfortunately not, but thanks for the thought. That's the latest RHD diagram Haynes provides, lots of differences on the later cars.

This is what I ended up with, I'll see how good it is tomorrow:

http://www.triumphspitfire.com/images/wiring/78diagram.jpg

Cheers,
Bill.

That's the wiring diagram I use on my late 1500 Spitfire. I've always found it to be correct.

Good lcuk.

Archived