roger's-spit

6797 wrote:
Unless something has been added that's about it - 3 bulkhead fuses.
Good voltage at the battery?
White is "usually" live on ignition IIRC (On a 1500 it is anyway)

Correct , on a `standard`car there are only 3 fuses in the main box
If you do not have any other `in line` fuses and only the three main 35 amps fuses and you do not have any live eg starter ,lights etc then you have blown all three mains
Put a meter over the the fuse box behind the battery, see if you have a feed in and out

Check that you have 12v at the fuse box if not you have possibly burnt out the feed from the battery/solenoid to the fuse box. There are two feeds one supplying the interior lights/horn which are live with ign off, brown and one which is live with the ign on, white if I remember correctly.

dunno if any help, but have had issues with my fuse box for a while until i found the problem, if i ever touched the fuse box or knocked it at all, or was rumaging around the glove box and the wires moved at all i lost all power in the car, fuses ok and power to them but nothing would come out of the fuse box at all.....  it also would sometimes not let the headlights turn on, flicked teh switch and nothing for about 1 minute then they would turn on ?????

i took the battery off to get more room, pulled the fuses and lightly filed the ends to make them clean and shiney, then disconnected each wire from the fuse box in turn with help of tiny screw driver, filed the brass terminals all shiney, rebuilt the fuse box and not had any issues since,

worth a try as only took me about 10-15mins and solved my problems.

rich

This is a typical problem with the old fuse box
Many threads on this forum discussing the problems of the poor connections
You may find that sometimes the wires at the Lucar terminals may have broken off
It sounds coincidental that the arcing of live to ground problem came at the same time as the fusebox  malfunction