GT6 night dim relay-rheostat

trsforever

Hi, I have just discovered on of these tucked away in the L.H rear corner of this car it has failed and caused a fault in the rear L.H indicator similar to a poor earth. They are no longer available at rimmers so by removing the red wire which is the 12v feed from the light switch normal service is resumed!

Regards Scott.

Hi
    Just like to disagree with you 🙂....I've kept my dimmer relay , and find no problem at all .....after all its was deemed necessary when the cars were first  built ,....(the people who built and designed the cars were not muppets

Cheers
                                                     System 6

Hello Cookie,

"Cant see the point in these, it's a safety issue dimming the lights anyway, why would you want to reduce visibility of the car! Much better off without it fitted TBH."

If the lights are bright enough for daylight use (and they should be or else attention is required) then they are too bright for night time use, a sensible idea in my view as the lighting level of most cars is too high.

Alec

Piman,
When these cars were new there was some argument in favour of this dimming relay. In modern traffic anything to improve the visibility of these cars is helpful. Brighter lights give you more chance of getting the attention of the more oblivious drivers sharing the road with you.
                                                                                              Cheers,
                                                                                              Paul