Clutch hydraulics problem

Raider

I have the same Rimmer item and had a sealing issue at the slave also.
I ended up having to "remove" som metal on the slave face to get the fitting to seal in the bottom conical part. No copper washer fitted. (I think some aftermarket slaves may not have have the same specs as the originals)

I have since rebuilt my original slave and have no sealing issues with the braided fitting on this.

Well, a fair few different views there.

Something that occurred to me and also someone who emailed me was that as the slave cylinder is fitted the wrong side of the bracket it might be possible that the internal piston is pushing that far that there is leakage there.

So I am taking one thing at a time.

Today I have fitted the slave cylinder the correct side of the bracket which in itself wasn't as easy as I would have liked. Then I have used an eazy bleed to bleed the system and also left it on under pressure for a short while and didn't see any leakage.

Now I'll see what happens!

Martin complete thread drift- your O/D switch to get it to fit you need to trim a bit off the back of the crimps (miniture females I think from memory) I cut the crimps insulation right down and soldered the wires onto them,then used a little bit of heat shrink,and it should sit down correctly ...make sure your knob (ooeer) is adjusted to give optimum clearance between the end of the lever and the back of the switch if you see what I mean.....as for the oil leak... well they are meant to do that?!!

I bet the clutch works fine now....but tend to agree those kits are not great but once working stay working...copper pipe will do the job with a pigs tail or two!

heater thread drift for Martin ...and cause its cold...who used their classic today? I did.... anyway this is why 2000 heaters appear not to work the valve ceases up enough for the linkage to slip...you can get away with getting your hand in on the valve and turning it sometimes....mike covered it ages ago in his blog..http://standardtriumphcars.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/how-many-parts-are-in-2000-heater.html