CT Tour of Wales in 2007

Rubce

Hi All

In the latest edition of the club mag on page 13 there is an obituary for Jenny Mindak. Within that article there is mention of a CT tour of Wales in 2007. Did anybody on here participate in that event? I've never heard of it.

Regards

Bruce

Me neither joined CT in 2018 but Darren  and myself are looking at possibly starting an annual tour of Wales  in the near future.  Details will be on CT Website once it’s finalised and ok’d by the club committee  

Edited by Wendy Dawes

Just now, yorkshire_spam said:

@Wendy DawesIt's a great idea for an event, good luck getting it organised and getting the MSA permit (unless it's an informal event?) I heard (maybe untrue?) that some Welsh police services can be a bit "funny" about route approval.

We need to look into all of the aspects,  probably the first run will be informal as a test run then go from there.  Darren will find out about permits via the club events team 

watch this space 👍

• Like 2

2007 was before my Triumph ownership commenced.  However there was a second CT organised "Taith O Amgylch Cymru" (Tour of Wales) in 2014 which was my first experience of a CT event and I still have the roadbook.  I believe it was all organised by Michael Helm and Andrew Davies.

The Tour was held over the weekend of 10/11th May.  It started from Glenrid Services and, following the overnight halt at Aberystwyth Park Lodge Hotel, finished at the Bagle Brook Beefeater near Port Talbot.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable event which used many minor mountain roads - some gated! - through the Principality.  The mileage was approx 190 miles on Saturday and 110 on Sunday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobPearce said:

That sounds like a great weekend. I wonder why I don't remember either of them happening (or being announced)?

Maybe it was a tour organised by a local group for their own group members ie an informal run, it wouldn’t need to be announced or advertised outside of the area group, just a few friends out for a weekend in their old cars. We are probably looking to arrange it in 2024 as the rest of this year and 2023 are already busy. Time goes by quickly so it won’t seem so far off 😊

Edited by Wendy Dawes

3 hours ago, Pete Arnold said:

... However there was a second CT organised "Taith O Amgylch Cymru" (Tour of Wales) in 2014 which was my first experience of a CT event and I still have the roadbook ...  

So this must have been you judging from your avatar

2014-05-11_05 Taith O Amgylch Cymru.jpg

I  did a Wales tour in my Valencia Vitesse, couldn`t remember the year but it could have been 2014.I remember having an unscheduled stop when a loose brake bolt started contacting the rotating disc, Beans stopped to see if i needed help.

Great tour though, i remember the lanes where there was a wooden gate every couple of hundred yards, had to jump out and  open/close them in the P***ing rain.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 1