Border Raiders Theivery

McJim

Anyone else get an invoice for parking at the Premier Inn, Carlisle?

We were the first to arrive and sat in the car before the first few crews arrived for five minutes, then had a chat before going into the hotel for 10 minutes to say goodbye.

Apparently, that costs you £100.

There's the price of friendship right there.

Something similar happened when we met up with Nuala at the Novotel just before the RBRR when we were handing out electrical connectors for a stricken Spitfire in the car park there.

Didn't pay that one and won't be paying this one.

Straight in the bin.

Jim.

We didn't stay there - we went home after the event.

It's a bit galling that you go to the finish of an event and are then charged for the privilege.

Waiting on the invoice from the Premier Inn, Lancaster now.

Only a matter of time.

Jim.

Edited by McJim

2 minutes ago, McJim said:

We didn't stay there - we went home after the event.

It's a bit galling that you go to the finish of an event and are then charged for the privelege.

Waiting on the invoice from the Premier Inn, Lancaster now.

Only a matter of time.

Jim.

😮 daylight robbery I thought Dick Turpin was hanged 

When we went inside at Carlisle, there was a touch screen " Register your car number here"... so we typed in the details and asked if that was OK as we were not staying, the receptionist said , as long as we had completed the screen details, that would be OK.

But I must admit I have been waiting for something in the post all week

2 hours ago, McJim said:

Anyone else get an invoice for parking at the Premier Inn, Carlisle?

We were the first to arrive and sat in the car before the first few crews arrived for five minutes, then had a chat before going into the hotel for 10 minutes to say goodbye.

Apparently, that costs you £100.

There's the price of friendship right there.

Something similar happened when we met up with Nuala at the Novotel just before the RBRR when we were handing out electrical connectors for a stricken Spitfire in the car park there.

Didn't pay that one and won't be paying this one.

Straight in the bin.

Jim.

If its one of those private company collectors, I would just forget it. We have something similar in town where a guy just rides around on his bike hoping to get lucky

1 hour ago, Velocita Rosso said:

When we went inside at Carlisle, there was a touch screen " Register your car number here"... so we typed in the details and asked if that was OK as we were not staying, the receptionist said , as long as we had completed the screen details, that would be OK.

But I must admit I have been waiting for something in the post all week

Nobody mentioned that too us when we walked into the reception area and talked to you guys. BUGGER!