Which work light are crews using?

Boxofbits

Hi all

I’m interested to know what rechargeable light or lights the 10CR crews are taking?

I’ve found a handy function on the  model I’ll be using. 

In the event of a car electrical failure or not wanting to flatten the battery during a roadside repair, should it happen, this bright LED light will turn red with a further push of the switch and with another press it will flash red. Quite handy in poor light. It has a magnetic base so can be placed on the rear of the car in an emergency. It also has a penlight on the tip.

It’s an eecoo worklight ( spelling correct, and cost me around 20 quid for a two pack with charging leads which I thought was quite reasonable.

Kevin

11752A9C-EB64-48ED-879D-B4C7DA932BB9.jpeg

D5773372-FB89-4E8A-A37A-25DD7F790BB9.jpeg

C71608F4-C86D-49FB-B2C8-42AC8F381B55.jpeg

0D0CF389-9074-4B97-8AC2-EC7DE9A29376.jpeg

Seeing as most of the daily runs will finish in daylight, I doubt that a work light would be  critically essential ,unless under the car in an Austrian tunnel   A good hand lamp should be sufficient. In the early days of two nights and days full on driving ( with two nights in a soft hotel), then    the above may have been necessary. 

16 minutes ago, Velocita Rosso said:

Seeing as most of the daily runs will finish in daylight, I doubt that a work light would be  critically essential ,unless under the car in an Austrian tunnel   A good hand lamp should be sufficient. In the early days of two nights and days full on driving ( with two nights in a soft hotel), then    the above may have been necessary. 

True, only if broken down for some time or on a dodgy bend it might be handy, as is the Hi-viz.

I have a Rolson version, which is excellent (but disconinued) Generic version sold as sealey etc. I also carry a flashing LED beacon. Never been required, but you never know. And that reminds me, I will pop some new batteries in it.

And yes, useful to carry. 

Rolson Rechargeable 3w COB Torch and LampPULSAR AAA - LED Hazard Warning Light

3 hours ago, richard w said:

I've got a Sealey work light. Doesn't have the red flashy bits on it but it's rugged, very bright and has a good magnetic base.

Hopefully we won't need it but it's going in the boot anyway 

LED1001.V2_DFC0820895.png

Both Clive’s and Richard’s lamps look good. I am however pleased with the rechargeable aspect of the Eecoo  as it can be plugged into the  car charger using cable supplied or a generic one.

As said, hopefully not needed on the 10CR but always famous last words 😂.

Will be definitely useful on the RBRR.

Kevin

Edited by Boxofbits

My worklight is usb rechargeable. The beacon thingy isn't, but I can live with that. 

Lots of choices, and they are all pretty good. And an essential part of any toolkit. Best to prepare for all circumstances, from repairing a car to searching for an earring.

4 hours ago, Tim Bancroft said:

I am taking two of these, £10 a pop and bloody good. Useful if needed under the car.

RIL83-FACE-ON.jpg?e51800&e51800

Ring lamps are good quality and bright.

I have a similar model somewhere in the garage which has a light in the end also. Only problem I found with it was that after a year or so the switch started to get difficult to press on and off.