SAFE PLACE SYNDROME

Adrianb

Does anyone else suffer from SPS I’ve bought some fittings boxed them up and put them in a Safe Place now I can’t find them! I know they will turn up when I’m looking for something else! But it’s ruddy annoying when the workshop is abit OCD every thing in its right place! Except I didn’t label up Safe place! Prehaps I’m just LMM!  Loosing my Marbles!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Adrianb said:

Does anyone else suffer from SPS I’ve bought some fittings boxed them up and put them in a Safe Place now I can’t find them!

When we left the UK for France and unpacked we couldn't find the plate for the microwave, bought a new plate. Eventually found the first one safely packed with some spare crockery a couple of years or so later.

I remember when I swapped the engine out on my old 2000 at my work. I put the radiator cap somewhere safe during the process and then couldn’t find it. So I went home pinched the spitfire cap and drove the now 2.5 home. 

Days later I found it….. next to the gearstick 🙄🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by Alex
  • Confused 1

So I have spent the weekend clearing my workshop and putting it all back, then my Son in law came round who wanted to borrow the welder compressor and my angle grinder which was on my workbench, I picked it up and underneath the grinder was the pack of bolts I’d been looking for. It seems like a Week for Expletives! Now I have a cunning Plan! I have set up a what’s app group with my wife and named it SAFE PLACE then when I have an item that needs storing, I photo it in it’s stored location and put that photo and description in the what’s app group! Job Done!  Now where’s my phone!

Edited by Adrianb
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

My Dolomite has the @trackerjack front brakes. I spotted a pair of Sierra calipers for sale cheap on Facebook Marketplace and thought "oooh I could buy those, refurbish them, new seals, pistons etc. and then if I ever need spares I already have a set ready to go". So I bought them, went to put them on the shelf in the garage where I keep that sort of parts.... moved a cardboard box to get them on the shelf, out of curiosity opened the box, and found an identical set of calipers I bought 18 months before that which I'd clearly forgotten about. 

• Haha 2

Times I have put things down in a rush, then cant remember where. I then go around and around looking for it, and then hours later it's just there, right in front of me. It's as if my brain makes the thing iam searching for invisible. 

Lost items are usually found in the place where you know they won't be, so always look there first. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yorkshire_spam said:

went to put them on the shelf in the garage where I keep that sort of parts.... moved a cardboard box to get them on the shelf, out of curiosity opened the box, and found an identical set of calipers I bought 18 months before that which I'd clearly forgotten about. 

Could it be an age thing? I do it all the time, and the more space you have the greater the number of safe places to fill the space.

• Like 2

Last month bought some Wensleydale cheese, had a sandwich...few days later could nt find the cheese in the fridge....thought I was going crackers,albeit I found those, ......This morning found the mould covered cheese .....at the back of the cereal cupboard!!  So i dug out the crackers!!🤢🤢

• Haha 3

Was going to try and fit a Newtons under dash millboard I`ve had in my shed for a couple of years, my Vitesse doesn`t have one, guess what, I have lost the black popper things that hold it on, job postponed until I buy some more and then find the original ones..

S

EDIT:Just found them on the floor of the shed behind a pile of wood. Yay.

Edited by Steve P
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1