The Return of Scotch Pies at the Gartcosh Control

Now that Tim has held the drivers meeting, I can finally announce that the Gartcosh control stop will see the return of hot mini scotch pies along with sausage rolls, sandwiches and tea and coffee.

All of this is free, courtesy of the Scotch Pie Hunters.

There is a limited quantity of scotch pies, so don’t be greedy, only one pie per person.

It’ll be a case of first come, first served and the supply will eventually run out.

With such a long run from the Falls of Shin to Tebay and the opportunity to buy a decent sized meal, the food at Gartcosh is intended as a snack to stave off hunger until crews are back in England.

The Gartcosh Works Social Club are looking forward to welcoming us back and have given us a hall right next to the car park without having to walk through the public bar this time.

Toilets are available just off the entrance to the hall and there are tables and chairs where crews can sit, relax and enjoy their scotch pies before the long motorway slog south.

Please follow marshals’ instructions when leaving the control to avoid congestion in the narrow streets in the village.

Jim and Katy, Car No.21, the Scotch Pie Hunters

Scotch-Pies.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

GOOD NEWS, GOOD NEWS! 

Just met up with the caterers for Gartcosh, who have informed me that we won't be getting hot mini scotch pies but we'll now have hot FULL SIZED scotch pies.  

Still just one pie per person.  

Don't be greedy just cause it's free.  

The caterers have been clued in on the greedy buggers from the past.  

So, if you try to get more than one, you may get none at all!  

There's a limited amount of pies and they'll be given out fairly.

Jim.

• Like 1

Gluten free?

In the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar?

Not much chance I'm afraid.

This is a bit of an experiment in reintroducing scotch pies after many years of absence since Morrisons Garage in Stirling changed hands.

There were no gluten free pies in those days either.

Sorry.

Jim.

What is the timing of the Gartcosh pie stop please?

Not for the pies, I assure you, but I've just got back in the UK so would like to pop along and cheer folks on. And if I can be of any use I'm happy to turn to, although I suspect you have the manning already sorted?

Phil (an ex RBRR participant, 2018)