I big thank you

23 hours ago, docwad said:

Thank you for a great run, the foggy bits were scary as was seeing the crash glad to hear no serious injuries.  I definitely  need better lamps in the GT6 I don't think I have ever had it out in the dark . Doing the run mid summer good idea to minimise the dark hours. Apart from the sticking rear brake  cylinder swap on friday (thank god for local motor factors who got one same day) we had no mechanicals at all and she ran really well.

Co driver before and after pics

Love that GT6 T Shirt. Where did you obtain it please?

Regards

Bruce

Edited by Rubce

21 hours ago, Beans said:

I have read some less positive reports on the Grose needle valves.
So well worth to check they are working correct.

The ¼" pipe shouldn't be a problem.

I have seen reports questioning the quality of more recent Grose jets, so may be an issue now. I fitted mine to the 4A over 30 years ago and they are still fine.

Tim

• Like 1

On 06/07/2021 at 19:39, docwad said:

Thank you for a great run, the foggy bits were scary as was seeing the crash glad to hear no serious injuries.  I definitely  need better lamps in the GT6 I don't think I have ever had it out in the dark . Doing the run mid summer good idea to minimise the dark hours. Apart from the sticking rear brake  cylinder swap on friday (thank god for local motor factors who got one same day) we had no mechanicals at all and she ran really well.

Co driver before and after pics

IMG_20210704_115835_359.jpg

IMG_20210704_115835_438.jpg

She hasn't quite perfected the CT stare yet, but then I guess she hasn't done 3/4 of a RBRR yet

Clutch Hydraulics have now been repaired, new seals for the master cylinder new slave ,s/h link pipe from Robsport as the one fitted was a length of copper pipe which isnt ideal to compensate for the engine movement.

I took my clear glass filter, you know the ones from ebay, found it had a load of crud in it,  I replaced it with a cheepo disposable one , not least as the pipe opening appeared very narrow.

What a fantastic event and I just wanted to thank the organisers, The Flamborough Head Restaurant workers but especially all the guys and gals (and the blow up doll..!) we met for the first time... Nicest bunch I have ever come across and so much brilliant advice, from way more experienced people than myself. 

Our only problem was a strap breaking on the back box and it being held up by 5 bungee cords at the finish. Thanks James Baldry for the picture.

Also glad to see the crew of the Vitesse were safe and well but what a pity about the car.... it was a somber reminder.....

Can't wait until the next one (and we are doing RBRR..)...

Spitfire Back Box - Bungee.jpg

• Like 3

On 07/07/2021 at 21:58, Redstag said:

Hi Docwad .. I tried Osram nightbreaker lamps in the Stag - difference between standard sealed beams and the Nightbreakers is absolutely night and day…I’d recommend those 

Aye, I recently fitted Nightbreaker bulbs along with a new set of four Cibie Headlights lamps to our Stag. It was like daylight😃 and with the warm glow of traditional bulbs rather than the harsh white of LED's.

Bruce