Best supplier for boot floor / rear valence?

Paudman

I know members have been asking this question for ages now but as usual a search doesn’t turn anything up. I need a boot floor and rear valence for a GT6 Mk1 but prices are all over the place for what looks to be the same panels from the same manufacturer. Some suppliers are asking ludicrous carriage, others haven’t bothered to return my e-mails so for a good value price and a reliable supplier who do members recommend?

Have changed a few of these on early spitfires and on a gt6+ (us import, after a rear hit!).
Avoid the early 90ish panels - but haven't seen them in a while: New Heritage panels include the small bracket behind the lock on the spitfire; you will have to remove this and ideally cut the flange for the spitfire boot seal as per original. But the new panel fit like a glove IMHO, and is a very good copy of the original - even had the original shape where it is welded to the rear part of the 'drain channel panel' part no 903099 (side of boot).
A few pictures here: http://triumph-junkie.blogspot.dk/2011/02/gt6-rear-valance.html or take a look at André Rousseau's rebuild page: gt6.ca.

To answer your question: Go for a heritage panel at the usual suspects, Canley or Paddock etc. and send it back if it doesn't look original :-)
Boot floor: Last one I replaced, had a steel craft sticker on; did the job and was a good copy.

4058 wrote:
Did you have 2 mark? I bought one from you!  :)

Did you find out if the rear wings were heritage ones?

No pattern ones for the early spitfire/GT6 available and has never been (If I did get Mr. Canley's word right  8) )
But NOS ones does differ: Tooling must be very tired by now...

Sorry, didn't mention that - they are not, so they can be used for the entire range... Not that difficult; if you are in doubt with measure, I have them on a drawing somewhere.
A 32mm (?) hole saw for iron did the job for me last time...

Thankfully I’ve still got the old one attached for reference. So: either I drill it pre-fitting, or else wait until it’s on the car, and possibly easier to work on, and drill it then. I’ll also have to check the old floor and valence once removed for any brackets - e.g. spare wheel bracket - that I may need to retain.