Dave2000

Thought I was going to repair to damaged wiring in the 2000 this afternoon (see other thread in Chit-Chat 'Avoided total disaster...' for full details) but the damage extends back far further than I first thought; from the engine bay, through the bulkhead, across the passenger compartment, over the heater matrix and down behind the dash to by the clutch pedal  ??)

I'm now starting to wonder whether it'd be easier to get a section of loom made up and simply install that instead? Does anyone know of any companies that would do that, or am I better off just buying a several dozen yards of cable and giving it a go myself? Or failing that, anyone know any good auto electricians?

Thanks in advance for any advice given

Dave2000 wrote:
Thought I was going to repair to damaged wiring in the 2000 this afternoon (see other thread in Chit-Chat 'Avoided total disaster...' for full details) but the damage extends back far further than I first thought; from the engine bay, through the bulkhead, across the passenger compartment, over the heater matrix and down behind the dash to by the clutch pedal  ??)

What we did with James's GT6 burnt loom is pulled it out of the car, laided it on a piece of 6 x 4 plywood, and then cut & spliced repair pieces in.  You need to be quite methodical and to have the correct colour codes for the repairs. But it can be done.

Took us a week.  ;)

Archived